Eternal Flame Collective (Official NIL Collective of ORU Athletics)

ORUalum

• ORUalum changed the title to Eternal Flame Collective (Official NIL Collective of ORU Athletics)

Someone is going to have to explain to me the appropriate ratio of giving between ORU Athletics via Golden Eagle Club & Champions Club memberships with their various related fundraising events (Courtside Countdown, Golf Marathon, Diamond Dinner, etc.) vs. these new NIL entities, and which one provides more "bang for your buck" in terms of supporting the athletes, and in what fashion it does so.Β 

Yet another confusing element to "the new normal"...

• Upvote 3

I could be wrong but I think donating to the collective must be incremental to current giving or we've just cannibalized one revenue stream for another.Β  Or simply moved the soap around the tub to put it another way.

16 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me the appropriate ratio of giving between ORU Athletics via Golden Eagle Club & Champions Club memberships with their various related fundraising events (Courtside Countdown, Golf Marathon, Diamond Dinner, etc.) vs. these new NIL entities, and which one provides more "bang for your buck" in terms of supporting the athletes, and in what fashion it does so.Β 

Yet another confusing element to "the new normal"...

Donations to the Golden Eagle Club would help to augment operations, capital projects, and other student-athlete needs of the programs.Β  The collective is the ability to supplement the financial grant-in-aid package to assist the student athlete with an income stream that equates to the athlete's skills based on a market-driven value.Β  Patrons that want to donate to both would be great; however, chances are that some may beholden to great talent and others may like better facilities and programs.Β  It is "yet another confusing element to the new normal."Β πŸ˜ƒ

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Donations to the Golden Eagle Club would help to augment operations, capital projects, and other student-athlete needs of the programs.Β  The collective is the ability to supplement the financial grant-in-aid package to assist the student athlete with an income stream that equates to the athlete's skills based on a market-driven value.Β  Patrons that want to donate to both would be great; however, chances are that some may beholden to great talent and others may like better facilities and programs.Β  It is "yet another confusing element to the new normal."Β πŸ˜ƒ

Yes, I understand where the money goes in these two instances; what I’m wondering is what’s the best way a well-intentioned fan should budget his/her overall donation to accommodate as much as possible.Β 

And, I suppose we’re Β expected to dig a little deeper into our pockets now as well.Β πŸ’°

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Yes, I understand where the money goes in these two instances; what I’m wondering is what’s the best way a well-intentioned fan should budget his/her overall donation to accommodate as much as possible.Β 

And, I suppose we’re Β expected to dig a little deeper into our pockets now as well.Β πŸ’°

Wherever our heart tells us to give is where we should donate.Β  The needs are great, but we all have a finite capacity to give, so let's give judiciously.Β Β πŸ˜€

I would expect to see more businesses give to the Collective, as many of them may wish to engage the student-athlete in their promotional programs along the season.Β  I believe that there will be an expectation for the student athletes to do something in return for their NIL compensation.Β  Regardless, as a 501(c)(3) organization, every donation will be helpful in getting the talent for our programs.

As for the expectation that us older geezers should dig a little deeper, well that is probably a good call.Β πŸ™„πŸ€£

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

I would expect to see more businesses give to the Collective, as many of them may wish to engage the student-athlete in their promotional programs along the season.Β  I believe that there will be an expectation for the student athletes to do something in return for their NIL compensation.Β  Regardless, as a 501(c)(3) organization, every donation will be helpful in getting the talent for our programs.

My girlfriend has 3-year-old triplet grandaughters; I'm wondering what it costs to get a Golden Eagle starter for a birthday party to make balloon animals and lift kids up to hang on the rim.Β πŸŽ‚Β πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old Titan said:

My girlfriend has 3-year-old triplet grandaughters; I'm wondering what it costs to get a Golden Eagle starter for a birthday party to make balloon animals and lift kids up to hang on the rim.Β πŸŽ‚Β πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸš¨πŸš¨πŸš¨

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

This linkΒ is a good one-pager of the framework of NIL regulations on what you can, and cannot, do with a student-athlete's name, image and likeness.Β  The collective is intended to bring this all together with donors and business opportunities, but it appears that you can engage a student-athlete for events as long as you pay market rates for their services.Β  I doubt that it counts against their 20-hours of practice/playing time when they are in-season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

This linkΒ is a good one-pager of the framework of NIL regulations on what you can, and cannot, do with a student-athlete's name, image and likeness.Β  The collective is intended to bring this all together with donors and business opportunities, but it appears that you can engage a student-athlete for events as long as you pay market rates for their services.Β  I doubt that it counts against their 20-hours of practice/playing time when they are in-season.

That's good to know, but I was (shockingly) kidding.

If anybody's gettin' paid for making balloon animals & lifting kids up to the rim at a party for pre-schoolers, it's gonna be Big Ol' Titan.Β πŸ˜†

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

That's good to know, but I was (shockingly) kidding.

If anybody's gettin' paid for making balloon animals & lifting kids up to the rim at a party for pre-schoolers, it's gonna be Big Ol' Titan.Β πŸ˜†

The big question is.....what's your market value doing that? 🀣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

The big question is.....what's your market value doing that? 🀣

Extra cake and ice cream.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/26/2023 at 1:11 PM, Otis 83 said:

From trolling that kid that transferred from somewhere in the Dakotas to Creighton it would appear that you can pay an NCAA athlete to record a birthday greeting or even make video greeting.Β  I may try to pay Issac McBride to record my voice mail greeting.Β Β πŸ’΅Β  "Hi this is Isaac McBride from the Oral Roberts University Golden Eagles.Β  Otis can't take your call right now.Β  He's too busy tilting at windmills at orusports.com.Β  Leave a message and he'll call you back as soon as the Eagleman puts him in his place again.Β  Thanks for calling."

I unilaterally declare this the cleverest post of the week!! Congrats, Otis!!!

BTW, let me know if you have success in making this happen. I’d be willing to chip in to get Isaac on my voicemail, too!

• Thanks 1

We will adapt and this collective will be a new norm that hopefully serves a great purpose.

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Sunday.

Found a Bible Verse that defends the NIL πŸ˜‚

Genesis 1:26Β 

Lord forgive me….πŸ™ŒπŸ˜‰