ORU @ NDSU

ORUSwagger

1 hour ago, ORUFanbase said:

NDSU will be ready for ORU now.

Cancelled due to field conditions, i.e., we keep breaking rakes trying to work on the frozen infield.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Cancelled due to field conditions, i.e., we keep breaking rakes trying to work on the frozen infield.

Good morning Texas grip. Sure it can be field conditions, but it can also be trying to get extra days of rest to prep for ORUBase.

Shark Tank Kevin GIF by ABC Network

15 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Update: Maysville State is an NAIA school and given the weather and big series with ORU, makes sense to cancel. 

Shark Tank Kevin GIF by ABC Network

🚨 𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

Due to field conditions at Newman Outdoor Field, our weekend series against North Dakota State has been moved to Doc Ross Field in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Updated Times
Friday - 3 p.m.
Saturday - 2 p.m.
Sunday - 1 p.m.

#ORUBase

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Field belongs to a JUCO school with a rich baseball history.

Edited by ORUFanbase

2 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

Field belongs to a JUCO school with a rich baseball history.

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

Due to field conditions at Newman Outdoor Field, our weekend series against North Dakota State has been moved to Doc Ross Field in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Updated Times
Friday - 3 p.m.
Saturday - 2 p.m.
Sunday - 1 p.m.

#ORUBase

Afternoon times = no lights.  The daytime starts should help with the air temperatures so that it isn't so stinkin' cold!! 🥶

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Updated Times
Friday - 3 p.m.
Saturday - 2 p.m.
Sunday - 1 p.m.

#ORUBase

I'm just an old basketball guy and not used to all these sophisticated baseball terms... does "due to field conditions" in North Dakota mean frozen??

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Wonder if the change in venue means no streaming to watch... 

That is my concern. 

Warmer temps and a shorter bus ride for ORU....I guess the Good Guys are headed up to Council Bluffs today.....let's get this series!!  GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Wonder if the change in venue means no streaming to watch... 

We will be lucky to get audio.  It may be Adam on a cell phone. 

Saved By The Bell 80S GIF

I noticed on radar that the same system that gave us a smattering of rain in Tulsa was dumping snow on North Dakota and South Dakota this morning.

Chatted with some Bi-zuhn baseball fans (both of them) on their message board; they explained that NDSU plays at the home field of the Independent League Fargo-Moorhead Red Hawks, whose season does not start until mid-May.  The field is 100% natural grass, and is regularly either soaked from snowmelt, and sometimes even snow-covered (including right now) this time of year.

I got the distinct impression that NDSU is at the mercy of the Red Hawks ground crew for the field to be playable, and apparently whatever NDSU pays them for access and upkeep is not enough for motivate the ground crew to put out the %#&$#@ tarp in April.

If NDSU is going to field a baseball team, they need to get serious about their facilities. Assuming global warming does not increase exponentially, they are doomed to spending every March on the road, then returning to a permafrost quagmire every April until finally getting some decent 60˚ weather in May.

BTW, this week's alternate site in Council Bluffs, IA is just across the river from Omaha, virtually halfway between NDSU and ORU (roughly 400 miles from either campus; about 6 hours by bus).

• Like 1

When I was a student at Oral Roberts University I had a good friend who hailed from Council Bluffs.  I'm not sure how many times I've thought about Council Bluffs since the 80's.

OT, congratulations finding the two baseball fans on their message board.  Perhaps you can help the EPA find Spotted Owls.