2023-24 Roster

ORUalum

22 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ORU Alum - Is there a reason Jalen Miller (from Rutgers) isn't included on the updated list of the original post that started this thread?

forgot to revisit topic after he committed, i think we are up to date now

1. DJ Weaver
  2. Issac McBride
  3. Trey Phipps
  4. Jalen Miller (Transfer - Rutgers)
  5. Sir Issac Herron
  6. Demari Williams
  7. Cam Amboree
  8. Braedon Moore (Transfer - BYU)
  9. Josh Jones 

in the portal: Max, Kareem, Nate Clover, Pat Mwamba, CV

Edited by ORUalum
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Old Titan said:

I was surprised last week to hear from a department exec that it’s because the two open spots on the men’s basketball staff are still just that:  open. 😳

Weird! Didn't the Tulsa world report that the positions were already filled but not yet announced? I posted on a different thread that I can't find now but I saw a DJ Weaver post on Instagram where he said he was excited to be working with a Coach Bostic. I guessed it was Antonio Bostic from Abilene Christian but nothing has been confirmed.

I realize it’s still early but I don’t hate the idea of trotting out a starting lineup of McBride, Thompson, williams, weaver, and Herron. Might need a better option at center as Herron and Weaver are both 4’s but that lineup could be good on both sides of the ball.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I realize it’s still early but I don’t hate the idea of trotting out a starting lineup of McBride, Thompson, williams, weaver, and Herron. Might need a better option at center as Herron and Weaver are both 4’s but that lineup could be good on both sides of the ball.

Sounds great to me!!

• Upvote 1

This is a huge, positive development.  Kareem is so versatile and provides quality minutes on both sides of the court. I want to see him play point guard/forward. 

• Upvote 4

TheEagleman loves Kareem....welcome back, my brother!...now that's some TRUE LOYALTY......unlike a certain former head coach.....God Bless this kid!! :tb-white:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We may actually have some defense that won't require us to score so many points.  Obviously, we need shooters (no one has won a game without getting the ball in the hole), but locking down the opponent's scoring option(s) could really throw an "offense-first" team into a tailspin.  Kareem adds many options for us and I am glad he is coming back.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

We actually return the top three 3-point shooters by percentage…  (Weaver, McBride and Thompson). Mwamba was 4th and Abmas was 5th

• Upvote 1

Thompson brings not only experience but tenacity. He plays good defense and is tough on the boards. Welcome back KT

• Upvote 3

Great to have Kareem back, good news to close the day on!  He has been more of a role player the past three years but now he is ready to have a breakout year in 23-24.  I could see Kareem and McBride as a solid 1-2 punch next year.  It has been a mixed year in the portal: Max, Connor and Patrick left while Trey, DJ, and Kareem returned.  Talk about an up and down, roller coaster ride!

ORU now has four seniors to build around and Herron and Williams should be improved.  Still would be good to find another two transfers in the portal to put around the core group.  Depth is always a bonus!

The ORU website updated the roster and put Moore, Josh Jones, DJ, and Trey on the team.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 9:26 AM, ORUalum said:
  1. DJ Weaver
  2. Issac McBride
  3. Trey Phipps
  4. Jalen Miller (Transfer - Rutgers)
  5. Sir Issac Herron
  6. Demari Williams
  7. Cam Amboree
  8. Braedon Moore (Transfer - BYU)
  9. Josh Jones 

in the portal: Max, Kareem, Nate Clover, Pat Mwamba, CV

Time for an update! You’re welcome…💪🏼😆

IMG_3385.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1. DJ Weaver
  2. Kareem Thompson
  3. Issac McBride
  4. Trey Phipps
  5. Jalen Miller (Transfer - Rutgers)
  6. Sir Issac Herron
  7. Demari Williams
  8. Cam Amboree
  9. Braedon Moore (Transfer - BYU)
  10. Josh Jones 

in the portal:  Nate Clover and CV

• Like 1

Kareem or Grip?....who has the better hair???.....tough to call.......and that's coming from TheEagleman who has very little left.....Image result for george costanza

• Haha 3