Braeden Moore

Old Titan

According to 24/7 Sports, when Braeden signed with BYU he had offers from THIRTY-TWO Division-1 schools, including 2023 NCAA tournament participants Kansas, Arkansas, TCU, Auburn, Houston, San Diego State, West Virginia, Arizona State, Missouri, Tennessee, and Memphis, PLUS traditional powers Wisconsin, Georgetown, Cincinnati, St. John's, and Georgia Tech.

And, shockingly.......(wait for it)......TULSA.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Braeden-Moore-142326/RecruitInterests/

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Ex BYU signee ??

Yes, he redshirted for the Cougars this year, and will classify as a freshman this coming season.  He played high school ball at a Christian academy in Nashville, TN.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

According to 24/7 Sports, when Braeden signed with BYU he had offers from THIRTY-TWO Division-1 schools, including 2023 NCAA tournament participants Kansas, Arkansas, TCU, Auburn, Houston, San Diego State, West Virginia, Arizona State, Missouri, Tennessee, and Memphis, PLUS traditional powers Wisconsin, Georgetown, Cincinnati, St. John's, and Georgia Tech.

And, shockingly.......(wait for it)......TULSA.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Braeden-Moore-142326/RecruitInterests/

I love that the high level recruiting appears to still be happening at ORU after Mill’s departure.

• Upvote 2

It will be interesting to see what his role is next season: can Moore break into the top 8 and get regular playing time or is he just a mop up guy in blow out games?  In the past ORU rarely played freshmen unless they were named Max or KO.  The front line is young with him, Josh James, and Sir Isaac.  So the opportunity is there for Moore to make an impact next season.

13 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

In the past ORU rarely played freshmen unless they were named Max or KO.

..... or Green or Tutt. 🤷‍♂️  KO did not play much his first two years.  It took him a LONG time to get used to the D-1 level of play.

Just saying a selling point for Moore may have been that there are minutes available in the front court instead of him having to play behind upper class men.  

8 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

..... or Green or Tutt. 🤷‍♂️  KO did not play much his first two years.  It took him a LONG time to get used to the D-1 level of play.

I may be remembering it wrong but I think Obanor was pretty impactful from the git go. I’m thinking he averaged 12 and 7 or something like that as freshman and started as a sophomore.

LOL - considering the current roster, Braeden just supplanted Trey Phipps at the "5".

Seriously, at 6'9" he would be among the taller players on the team, behind Sir Issac and freshman Josh Jones (if he's still coming). 

Plenty of opportunity in the front court, no matter your age.

• Upvote 2

Did You Know:  before signing with BYU, Braedon had committed to (of all places) Rutgers.

1 hour ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I may be remembering it wrong but I think Obanor was pretty impactful from the git go. I’m thinking he averaged 12 and 7 or something like that as freshman and started as a sophomore.

You're right...his first season he was 14 & 7 per game.  He didn't start much (about half the games) and wasn't in there during clutch situations, but did do well that first year.  I'm sure that I was getting my information all mixed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Presbyterian HS in Tennessee to Donda Academy (Kanye Wests' Christian School in California) to BYU to ORU. 

Now he just needs to transfer to Notre Dame his senior year of college and he will have covered all his theological bases. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have never seen Moore play but based on his stats/reviews he sounds similar to Francis Lacis.  Maybe a little taller but a big guy who can shoot the three and rebound.  It sounds a lot like Lacis.  We shall see.

16 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I have never seen Moore play but based on his stats/reviews he sounds similar to Francis Lacis.  Maybe a little taller but a big guy who can shoot the three and rebound.  It sounds a lot like Lacis.  We shall see.

You can see some clips of him playing in HS/AAU by going to YouTube and searching on Braeden Moore.  He was big for a HS player, but hopefully he has put on some muscle and weight since 2021.

• Upvote 1