A new day and a new coach for ORU

Eaglefan 21

I woke up this morning and didn’t feel sick about ORU basketball the way I did 6 years ago during the Sutton firing , in fact, I’m excited for the future. I’m going with the assumption that Springman will be the new coach. 

I believe retaining players in the next few days is paramount. I’m hoping that we can keep 75% of the current roster. We have established a winning culture and keeping players who helped establish that culture is important. McBride should be a top priority, he has player of the year potential and I don’t think he will have a better opportunity next year then playing at ORU. Any seniors should be next in my opinion. It sounds like max and Connor are done but what about Carlos, Kareem, Mwamba, and DJ? If you can start a group of experienced players it will help matters considerably.Herron, Williams, and Amboree all showed a lot of promise and I’d love to see them stay. 

With Phipps leaving, we have at least two more scholarships if everyone stays(unlikely). Springman will have the advantage of the portal in a way that Mills didn’t have when he started. He can pursue young talent without them having to sit out a year. Will he go that route or find more freshman? Im guessing who stays will impact that.

OT has a great comment in the thread about Mills leaving about what he would like to see a new coach do, I agree with about 90% of that so I wont rehash it here. Onward and upward!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

As OT would say ….   THIS^^^^

BTW, my wife (who is not on the msg board) could have written what you said. She’s with you 100%. 

• Like 2

Anybody have any guesses on who assistant coaches could be? Coach Patterson went with Mills but does Kenton Paulino stay? What about the remaining members of the staff? Could we get Caleb Green to come back and coach? Probably not but a guy could dream!

• Upvote 2

Phipps leaving is addition by subtraction.....sorry buddy but it's TRUTH!!!....TheEagleman is sure that Shocker Fans will love the kid......Image result for George Costanza

TheEagleman is also feeling a bit better about it all today.....last night i definitely felt violated but that has passed......Image result for George Costanza

Everything I'm hearing is that it's Springmann, but we all know that the deal is contingent on one factor, and one factor only:  President Billy Wilson's approval.

When that happens and/or is announced is totally up to him.  Has Wednesday chapel started yet?

• Upvote 2

No real need for a search firm needed on this one. 

I will say i bet he has had a dozen or so agents trying to get their guys an interview!:) 

1 hour ago, darrenj said:

No real need for a search firm needed on this one. 

I will say i bet he has had a dozen or so agents trying to get their guys an interview!:) 

AT LEAST a dozen!  If the search is internal and an agreement can be made, there won't be a need to call any of them back.