NCAA Tournament 23

Keenan Henderson

2 hours ago, ron said:

Anybody's bracket still intact?

None of the true Oru fans would be. But with furman and Princeton both winning, probably most non Oru fans also not. So at least we have that 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Really only two upsets today: Princetown and Furman.  Look for more tomorrow.  The Tennessee vs Duke game on Saturday should be interesting.  Both are really good defensive teams but Duke has more firepower.  

I found two teams colder from the floor than we were against Duke. Fortunately, they're playing each other. They might not make 100 pts. between them. Pitt-Iowa St. Looks now to be an upset.

• Upvote 1

Iowa St single handedly doing its best to make me feel better about ORU 

Just now, ManiacAlum said:

Iowa St single handedly doing its best to make me feel better about ORU 

I know, ManiacAlum! 🤩 How sweet it is! (Thank you, Jackie Gleason!)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

We came pretty close to playing Iowa State. What a difference a few places can make!

I was wrong. I thought they might not make 100 pts. between them. They got exactly 100 pts. Games happen.

Purdue is going to win it all, maybe I missed that one!  I am very excited for FDU.  It does not get any better than March Madness!Fail Shes Out Of My League GIF by Laff

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ron said:

Good news is that no one is worried about our loss anymore.

No kidding! Also I think all of the 12 seeds lost this year which is the first time I can remember that happening in a while 

FDU had three guys in their rotation from D2 and no one over 6'6 but they still beat the 1 seed in Purdue.  Quickness beat height.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

DU had three guys in their rotation from D2 and no one over 6'6 but they still beat the 1 seed in Purdue.  Quickness beat height.

All about the match up. Purdue's guard play is... not great.

6 hours ago, ron said:

We came pretty close to playing Iowa State. What a difference a few places can make!

Yeah, Iowa State or TCU would have been much better matchups. One win in those 4 “Quad 1” games probably would have got us up to an 11 for a matchup like that. That said, Duke being a 5 seed as the ACC tournament champion was a joke. They went 14-6 in the ACC and their only 2 non-conference losses were to 1 seeds Kansas and Purdue. 

Even still, they were a bad matchup, but it was just frustrating that ORU shot so badly, even on open shots. Duke’s defense was certainly tough, but if they had just made a normal percentage of open shots, especially threes, it would have at least been competitive.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Purdue last 3 tournament losses:

• 2021: First Round- North Texas
  • 2022: Sweet Sixteen- St. Peter's
  • 2023: First Round- Fairleigh Dickinson

Virginia last 5 postseason results:

• 2018: First Round- L, Maryland-Baltimore County
  • 2019: National Championship
  • 2021: First Round- L, Ohio
  • 2022: NIT
  • 2023: First Round- L, Furman