NCAA Tournament 23

Keenan Henderson

Of all the sporting events: NBA Playoffs, Super Bowl, World Series, etc. the NCAA tournament is still my favorite.  You never know what will happen and who will upset who.  Hard to believe but they are already interviewing coaches and players on Youtube for tomorrow night's first four games.  Who do you like in the Final Four?  What are some upsets, besides ORU, that you could see happening? Favorite opening round match ups not named ORU/Duke?

Ok will kick it off.  The final four could be Texas, Purdue, Kansas, and Arizona.  Some upset teams: Drake (who ORU tied 80-80 in a preseason game), Iona (hard to go against Rick Pitino), and Grand Canyon (good mixture of players).  

Some really good first round match ups: Creighton vs NC State.  These teams are both really talented and have some future pro players.  Arkansas vs Illinois: Razorbacks are my second team favorite team and both teams have a lot of length and skill.   Kentucky vs Providence: both teams have been up and down but the winner could make a run in the tournament.  

On a side note: I did pick ORU to make the Sweet 16 and lose to Purdue in the ESPN Bracket.  Purdue has a good chance to cut down the nets in April.

Mind if I use this thread for tournament developments outside of ORU-Duke?

Thx!  LOL

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Mind if I use this thread for tournament developments outside of ORU-Duke?

Thx!  LOL

Baylor let them use their gym clothes. Maybe it will wear off on them. GoGCU!

In a way I would have preferred to play before that game. Now Duke has been warned. 😎😇

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Virginia loses to Furman Another ACC team is next!😄💪🏆🏀

That game was in Orlando, Coach Scheyer just got his teams full attention! And Coach Mills can point out to the court and remind the Eagles what can happen when you play your best!! Doesn't matter what it says on paper, that's why games are played on the court!! I can't wait for the tip, it's March Madness Baby!!

• Upvote 3

I am not worried at all! Paul Mills is a phenomenal coach! He will have his/our team fully dialed in!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

That game was in Orlando, Coach Scheyer just got his teams full attention! And Coach Mills can point out to the court and remind the Eagles what can happen when you play your best!! Doesn't matter what it says on paper, that's why games are played on the court!! I can't wait for the tip, it's March Madness Baby!!

The most wonderful time of the year!🏀😄 We'll find out soon how overrated the ACC is! Are those Dukie freshman getting nervous😄 here comes the Titan Train💪

• Thanks 1

Well, with Missouri over Utah State, all 25 of my ESPN brackets are officially busted.  Anyone doing better than me?😂

Not me. I missed every one of the first 3 games...WVU, UVA, & Utah State. The good news is that I didn't have any of them winning the second game, so not a total loss, yet.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Well, with Missouri over Utah State, all 25 of my ESPN brackets are officially busted.  Anyone doing better than me?😂

Only 25?  Clearly you didn't submit enough brackets, man!

Rob

• Haha 2

I lost the UVA game but had them losing in the next round, of course Mrs. ORU40 picked Furman in her bracket... so I might hear about that a time or 2!!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

Only 25?  Clearly you didn't submit enough brackets, man!

Rob

If you have more than 1 bracket, you don't actually have a bracket. Just sayin'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I filled out 2, and then let ESPN’s “randomized with seeds considered” algorithm give me the others lol.  I was trying to get a check from Warren Buffet this year

Came here to make a snarky comment about the quality of the ACC after Virginia's loss but I should probably be good.

Also, my bracket already:

Dumpster Fire GIF

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

If you have more than 1 bracket, you don't actually have a bracket. Just sayin'. 

25 is the limit on ESPN 

40 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Came here to make a snarky comment about the quality of the ACC after Virginia's loss but I should probably be good.

Also, my bracket already:

Dumpster Fire GIF

Let's wait and see about another loss😄😄

• Haha 1