Looking ahead, but not past…

Texasgrip

FWIW:  I have it on fairly good authority that Connor has no interest in playing college basketball - anywhere - next season.  He wants to go pro.

Congrats and gratitude to him for what is arguably the best single-season career in ORU Basketball history.

• Upvote 3

Best wishes to Connor and thanks for a very good one season visit......but dude....if you wanna go pro then you better eat a ton of juicy burgers.....if Duke freshmen pushed you around what are G League or Euro players gonna do????....Image result for Juicy Hamburger

27 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman can totally relate to Old Titans' feelings.....I am in the same boat and although it seems to get a little better every day it's been very hard to watch games this weekend especially with all the double digit seed upsets like Princeton and FDU.....even FAU is in the sweet 16 and frankly I think ORU is better than those guys..... TheEagleman is not going to jump off a tall building or bridge but the pain is slow to go away....guess my hopes were just too high.......image.jpeg.24925a16c7b82fd7be5f9a9c0bc95a50.jpeg

Last night I rewatched the first 8 minutes of the game to where we were behind 15-0. It struck me again how we were mostly just missing open shots. Sure the Duke defense put some pressure on and blocked one shot in that time, but the shots just weren't falling. We had uncontested threes from Carlos, Issac, Connor (2), Kareem, and Patrick (whose completely open 3 right at the line went in and out) and Connor, Carlos, and Max all had driving shots that weren't really affected by the D (other than perhaps the psychological effect of Carlos's first put-back attempt that got swatted). Max also had a step-back deep three that some wouldn't call a great shot but that he's hit plenty of in his career. We had a few turnovers also, but If just 3 or 4 of those first 11 open shots had gone in, it would have been a very different start. 

• Upvote 5

God Bless you Tex for being able to watch the Duke game again.....TheEagleman can't do it and will never do it.....DVR deleted.....way too painful to re-live and then I just might want to jump off the Ben Franklin Bridge......😬

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman can totally relate to Old Titans' feelings.....I am in the same boat and although it seems to get a little better every day it's been very hard to watch games this weekend especially with all the double digit seed upsets like Princeton and FDU.....even FAU is in the sweet 16 and frankly I think ORU is better than those guys..... TheEagleman is not going to jump off a tall building or bridge but the pain is slow to go away....guess my hopes were just too high.......image.jpeg.24925a16c7b82fd7be5f9a9c0bc95a50.jpeg

Season 9 Hug GIF by The Office

Thanks, Fanbase....i good hug is never a bad thing for a hurting fellow ORU fan......this Duke game a close second to Kansas/ORU in 1974.....Image result for Oral Roberts  flame Logo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

FWIW:  I have it on fairly good authority that Connor has no interest in playing college basketball - anywhere - next season.  He wants to go pro.

Congrats and gratitude to him for what is arguably the best single-season career in ORU Basketball history.

I would suspect Connor Vanover and Sam McCants would be our two best for the single-season career category.

McCants was awarded most valuable player of the 1974 Midwest Region even though ORU was runner-up in the regional...

image.png.01be77c398a210ec03d7beb761e934bf.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, theeagleman5 said:

Thanks, Fanbase....i good hug is never a bad thing for a hurting fellow ORU fan......this Duke game a close second to Kansas/ORU in 1974.....Image result for Oral Roberts  flame Logo

That Kansas/ORU game made Ted Owens' career.  It got him to the Final Four for the first time and made him indispensable to the Jayhawk faithful until he had a bad 1981-82 year, had to fire his assistant, and lost to ORU in January 1983, which added fuel to the fire for his termination at KU at the end of 1983 and they brought in Larry Brown (what a clown!).

• Upvote 1

Sam McCants was an amazingly talented basketball player.....but quite a goofball off the court and let's just say not the typical ORU Whole Man......I will leave it at that....he transferred to ORU after having issues at Florida State.....then was gone like POOF!! after the 73-74 season....TheEagleman has no idea what happened to the guy after that.....not aware that he played somewhere else in college or overseas.......but the kid had talent and was recently selected to the ORU HOF.....perhaps the only one and done basketball player in the HOF???....😎

• Upvote 1

ORU up 8 on Kansas with 2:53 to play....looked like we were headed to the Final Four.....in just our 3rd year of D-1 ball.....then POOF!!!   And TheEagleman hasn't gotten over it to this day......was able to get over my first marriage....but not this...... Image result for George Costanza

• Haha 1