National Perspectives on ORU for the Dance

Old Titan

Everybody feel free to repost similar content from other threads that might have been buried in the last couple of days re: national predictions on how ORU might fare in the tournament, and what it means for the program or the league (no bracketology, though - that is SO February...) 😉

• Upvote 1

I don't know where to put this, but as research for our potential run, I am currently watching Duke playing Miami, both of which I have seen in connection with our path at the Dance. 

Sheesh! Is Coach Henderson trying to make me like him or something?!? Seems like a good dude, and his comments showed a lot of class. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SonofaLegend said:

Sheesh! Is Coach Henderson trying to make me like him or something?!? Seems like a good dude, and his comments showed a lot of class. 

Yeah, but I couldn't help wondering during that entire interview if he's thinking "I NEVER want to lose another league championship at SDSU, because I can't bear doing THIS sort of interview again!"

throwing up dumb and dumber GIF

20 hours ago, Old Titan said:

It's amazing how (in the eyes of many national media types) this fantastic season has in many ways validated the 2021 Sweet Sixteen run, particularly since both stories have involved the same coaching staff and 4 of the same players.

It's proven that 2021 was not a fluke; it was in fact a beginning.

Another case in point...

P.S.  That must be an old picture of Coach Mills; he's wearing a blazer. 😉

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Another case in point...

P.S.  That must be an old picture of Coach Mills; he's wearing a blazer. 😉

Nice article, but I had to laugh at the description of Max as a "dynamic dynamo".  I guess the author's thesaurus was off-line...

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Nice article, but I had to laugh at the description of Max as a "dynamic dynamo".  I guess the author's thesaurus was off-line...

good times vh1 GIF

While watching the Ivy League championship, during the 2nd half the commentators were discussing the best approach to selecting the teams most likely to pull an upset.  

They suggested picking the higher 3 pt percentage shooting teams as having the best potential to pull an upset and the first team they mentioned to fit that description is ORU.  This was discussed around the 12 minute mark of the 2nd half.

• Upvote 2