Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

not sure if that verbal commits site is real time, but that's a flood of entries today. If ORU paid staff if to busy focusing on Duke (which they should be) , maybe authorize some of these orusports forum guys to start working the portal recruiting. who wants to make some calls?

that's a joke. 

maybe.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ting said:

not sure if that verbal commits site is real time, but that's a flood of entries today. If ORU paid staff if to busy focusing on Duke (which they should be) , maybe authorize some of these orusports forum guys to start working the portal recruiting. who wants to make some calls?

that's a joke. 

maybe.

Today is the first day that players can actually file for the transfer portal; though many had already made their intentions known before now.

As teams are eliminated from postseason play, you will see more and more names from more prestigious schools, and as all schools do their exit-interviews in the coming weeks, you see even more players enter the portal that have been informed they do not figure into their school's plans for next year.

Last season saw over 1,600 men's D-1 basketball players enter the transfer portal - that's over 4 players per team!

So we've got a ways to go yet...

4 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Akol Arop from Omaha is in the portal.

A couple of interesting names are Camren Hunter Collin Cooper from Central Arkansas are both in the Portal this morning. Camren averaged 17.0 points per game and nearly 4 assists. He is a load of a point guard and was recruited by ORU before signing with Central Arkansas. Collin Cooper is a double digit scorer and both players are from Arkansas. I'm guessing they are looking to move up a conference but if they wanted to stay close to home, especially Hunter, would be worth taking a flyer on!

Also, Eddie Lampkin from TCU has entered the portal, weird move right before the tournament. I'm guessing there is a story there but I haven't looked into it yet.

Camren Hunter would be a perfect back court mate for McBride next year.  The guy is built like a tank and can do a little bit of everything.  He was UCA's best player when they came to the Mabee Center.  Just needs to improve his defense but Coach could work with him on that.

1 minute ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Camren Hunter would be a perfect back court mate for McBride next year.  The guy is built like a tank and can do a little bit of everything.  He was UCA's best player when they came to the Mabee Center.  Just needs to improve his defense but Coach could work with him on that.

apparently we are already on it!

https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/status/1635359340260659200?s=20

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Anthony Pritchard and Keyshawn Embry from Tulsa are in the portal.

Anthony Pritchard from TU is a solid player.  He is not a big time scorer but does the dirty work that you need to win games.  I think he is a local guy, not sure which high school he went to.  He would be a good role player, much like Carlos or Kareem have been for the past few years.

On 3/13/2023 at 1:18 PM, Eaglefan 21 said:

Anthony Pritchard and Keyshawn Embry from Tulsa are in the portal.

Remember when Anthony Pritchard was a hot commodity?  I wonder if some of the contact he made during his high school recruiting will be as hot on his trail this time.

An interesting name to keep an eye on is 6'11 240 pound Jacob Germany. I believe ORU recruited him back in 2019, former 3 star recruit who spent the last 4 years at UTSA. Averaged 12 pts and 8 boards this year. Averaged 15 points last year. Not a 3 point threat but he's pretty athletic! Originally from Kingston, Oklahoma so maybe he would like to play close to home on a winning team for his final year. UTSA was miserable last year. Video is from his first two years at UTSA.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

An interesting name to keep an eye on is 6'11 240 pound Jacob Germany. I believe ORU recruited him back in 2019, former 3 star recruit who spent the last 4 years at UTSA.

Germany would be perfect. He was on campus during recruitment a few time like you mentioned @Eaglefan 21. Maybe Pat can talk to him?

1 minute ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Germany would be perfect. He was on campus during recruitment a few time like you mentioned @Eaglefan 21. Maybe Pat can talk to him?

Even if Connor stays, I'd love to see a jumbo lineup of he and Germany. Herron and Mwamba can be the bigs off the bench and Josh Jones can redshirt or get some limited minutes when games are in hand.

• Like 3