ORU vs. South Dakota Rd 1

theeagleman5

He Gets us????...yeah He does....and TheEagleman thinks spending $100 mill on the Super Bowl commercials a colossal waste of money.....Jesus would want that to go to feed the poor and shelter the homeless....oh and by the way....I love those blue unis the ORU ladies are wearing....:tb-blue:

55 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Guys, keep in mind that (despite the ESPN+ link) they are STILL broadcasting these games throughout their Midco market and they are STILL pandering to those viewers.

Schools outside their footprint (ORU, KC, Denver, etc.) are considered the OPPONENT, and Midco is not about to say much good about them when they can instead prop up the local (ie Dakota and Minnesota) schools.  That's where their ad revenues come from:  sponsors in that market. 

We need Hobby Lobby to quit spending so much on the "He Gets Us" ad campaign and buy up some SERIOUS time on Midco! 🤣

Believe me OT I am totally aware of what’s going on here. 

I left a comment on YouTube. I encourage others to do the same. 

Congratulations to the women for their great win against USD. When they are running that system and making shots, it is so disruptive. 

15 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Believe me OT I am totally aware of what’s going on here. 

Well, that makes one of us, because despite my excuses for them, I think they should tone it down for the tournament!

I can remember when I worked in the Athletic Department and ORU hosted so many consecutive baseball tournaments back in the day, our hands were effectively tied by the conference office re: how the games were staged:  no PA pre-game prayer, no promotions featuring ORU sponsors, no walk-up music or home run "click effects" for ORU batters - everything was suppose to be impartial.

So how come these guys at Midco are given free reign??

27 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Well, that makes one of us, because despite my excuses for them, I think they should tone it down for the tournament!

I can remember when I worked in the Athletic Department and ORU hosted so many consecutive baseball tournaments back in the day, our hands were effectively tied by the conference office re: how the games were staged:  no PA pre-game prayer, no promotions featuring ORU sponsors, no walk-up music or home run "click effects" for ORU batters - everything was suppose to be impartial.

So how come these guys at Midco are given free reign??

Unbelievable. I guess we keep giving The League, Commissioner Hockey, & MidCo a run for their Money 💰!

Just in case the ladies need any bulletin board material before their game today against SDSU, the three "announcers" on the Bison video blog laughed when they mentioned that there were three upsets in the women's tournament and that KC would be playing Omaha and ORU would be facing off against SDSU. They all agreed that the league should just give the crown to SDSU. "NO reason to play the games." Oh man, I hope Musick's women lay a big "L" on the Jackrabbits today. I'm holding out hope they will be fierce and determined to pull off the upset. Let's go Eagles.

• Like 2