Pistol Pete's NCAA scoring record in danger, but there will be an asterisk....

ORUalum

• 2 weeks later...

I followed this game on line (did not watch). Detroit led for most of the game. A lot of people were saying that Davis seemed more interested in getting that scoring record than winning the game. He sure took a lot of shots. The irony is that if Detroit wins the game, he easily beats the record in the next contest. I hope the CBI does not invite them to play in that tournament. They have a losing record, so the only reason to invite them is to enable Davis to break the record. 

• Like 1

There will never be another Pistol Pete.....let his record stand!!!.....Image result for Pete Maravich

• Upvote 1

did not realize he was the son of former Indiana coach, Mike Davis....sounds like the CBI is open to to an invite and dad and son would accept the invitation for a chance to break the record

“The NCAA Tournament was the goal,” Davis said. “I wouldn’t have a problem with it (the CBI tournament). I’m sure none of my teammates would have a problem with it.”

Detroit Mercy coach Mike Davis, who is Antoine’s father and the former Indiana coach who took the Hoosiers to the Final Four in 2002 after Bobby Knight’s firing, would like another game.

Glad his record still stands!

But records are made to be broken. 

I read where he needed just over 2,700 points last night to match Maravich’s per game average…. Maravich played three seasons and Davis has played five. Both played for their fathers and took a lot of shots. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but apparently Antoine Davis and Detroit Mercy are whining about not getting a CBI Bid despite being 14-19.....Davis feels "cheated" out of not having a shot at Pistol Pete's record despite the fact he missed like 22 three point shots in his final game and had FIVE seasons vs. Pete's THREE and also the advantage of the 3 point line.....come on, dude.....let's man up and face facts.....you had your shot.....and came up 3 points short.....Image result for Antoine Davis

Antoine Davis is no Pete Maravich.  Not sure that this is the type of teammate you would want in your locker room.

• Upvote 1