ORU Gear / Swag

ORUalum11

Outside of the shop(s) linked thru the athletics website are there any other options to purchase ORU gear? Frankly the current offerings are pretty sad and I’m surprised we don’t have more team gear available considering the trajectory of the program. This has always been an opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

At the ORU-TU game in December, I was shocked by the quantity and quality of the gear that TU had available. I thought all small schools were stuck with the same low quality gear, offered for years at a time.

Somebody needs to get on this. I think the market is there for people wanting to buy nice gear - I know I want to!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah.....TheEagleman is ready and waiting to buy some new swag....a nice spring jacket would be wonderful....i already have T Shirts, sweatshirts and hats....let's get on that ORU Marketing Dept!!! I always want to be living the brand....  :shield-logo:

• Like 1

The ORU bookstore has the exclusive contract for clothing items. The school needs to renegotiate their contract. 

I want to be able to buy a legit baseball hat like the players wear.  We used to offer that I'm pretty sure.

I did get a nice polo for Christmas and last year I got the 1/4 zip similar to what Mills wears when he walks the mall.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

The ORU bookstore has the exclusive contract for clothing items. The school needs to renegotiate their contract. 

So Follett has 100% control of what they're able to put out? That's terrible. 

10 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I want to be able to buy a legit baseball hat like the players wear.  We used to offer that I'm pretty sure.

I did get a nice polo for Christmas and last year I got the 1/4 zip similar to what Mills wears when he walks the mall.

Can't you get those from the baseball office?

Just now, jmg1984 said:

Can't you get those from the baseball office?

In Tulsa?  Maybe if I was there.  I looked all over the internet in December and couldn't find one.  Was hoping to put one on my Christmas list.

The Walmart at 81st and Lewis usually has some ORU gear available, but it is hit and miss (and no help for the out-of-towners).  

11 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

The Walmart at 81st and Lewis usually has some ORU gear available, but it is hit and miss (and no help for the out-of-towners).  

Yea that's about 3 hours and 45 minutes further away compared to the Walmart I usually go to.  🙂

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

In Tulsa?  Maybe if I was there.  I looked all over the internet in December and couldn't find one.  Was hoping to put one on my Christmas list.

Call the office up and buy one and they can mail it to you. Or have one of your friends in TTown get one and mail it.

Macro point: We shouldn’t have to have a contact in the Athletic Dept or bid on a basket at the Courtside Countdown to get team gear. I know dozens of ORU alum who are reconnecting with the university due to the recent success of the basketball program but unfortunately are not interested in purchasing a $60 Port Authority hoodie with generic branding. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ORUalum11 said:

Macro point: We shouldn’t have to have a contact in the Athletic Dept or bid on a basket at the Courtside Countdown to get team gear. I know dozens of ORU alum who are reconnecting with the university due to the recent success of the basketball program but unfortunately are not interested in purchasing a $60 Port Authority hoodie with generic branding. 

!!!!!

I don't want Wal-Mart ORU gear, I want nice, name brand gear. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

Call the office up and buy one and they can mail it to you. Or have one of your friends in TTown get one and mail it.

You've read my posts on this board and you think I have friends?  🤣

• Haha 5