ORU at Kansas City

theeagleman5

29 minutes ago, Mr_TwoFive said:

I was asked this morning if the boys in blue could make another NCAA run. Even though Onanor was a key part of that run. This year’s team is a lot better than that NCAA tournament team. Well is say this, they are more of a complete team. Let’s just hope this team is not peaking - there’s a lot of ball to play and improvement. 

March should be fun!

MR_25, it's great to have your insights and commentary! Really appreciated! 

These guys look really really good to me, but after watching that clip, I'm not sure we have played a team like yours this season besides Houston! 

These guys have Sweet sixteen potential, obviously it depends on few games yet to be played, as well as who we draw in the tournament, but we look capable right now of beating several top 25 teams. 

Seems like this team has weaknesses, but also proven they are capable of learning/developing rapidly, so I hope we are able to continue to do that. 

What do you feel like this team has to improve on to give us the best shot at another tourney run? 

• Like 1

Said it before but when ORU went on its run in March 2021, they were able to force turnovers.  Florida had 20 and Ohio State 16 turnovers in those big wins for the Eagles.  For the good guys to make a run in March, they will need to create turnovers and use their speed to get out on the break.  They have been up and down at forcing turnovers this year and could still improve in this area.  

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Said it before but when ORU went on its run in March 2021, they were able to force turnovers.  Florida had 20 and Ohio State 16 turnovers in those big wins for the Eagles.  For the good guys to make a run in March, they will need to create turnovers and use their speed to get out on the break.  They have been up and down at forcing turnovers this year and could still improve in this area.  

I've watched a lot of Big 10, SEC and ACC games lately (trying to access potential #5 Seeds if ORU is a #12) and I've been shocked at the poor play by a lot of these otherwise-talented teams.

I think part of the problem for these P5 schools is their rosters are so young, due to early exits for the NBA and the transfer portal to supposedly-greener pastures.  Or maybe it's just poor/lazy coaching.  For whatever reason, these teams are wild, sloppy, inconsistent and far down the rungs of the basketball IQ ladder.

With the way ORU is playing defense these days, I relish the opportunity to see what might be achieved against one or two of these so-called "big boys" should ORU advance to the NCAA tournament.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ORU will be extremely competitive vs. most 4, 5 and 6 seeds because of our experience.....we can win....🤩

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU will be extremely competitive vs. most 4, 5 and 6 seeds because of our experience.....we can win....🤩

I would tend to agree.  Usually the #5 seed teams are in the lower divisions of their P5 conferences.  Their mental makeup is one of losing frequently and making that acceptable.  I have to believe that no one in the #4 or #5 seed would relish the opportunity to meet an ORU team that just won their conference tournament.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this earlier. I had to take a picture of UMKC’s next promotion. Even after a double take I was not sure what the freebie was. 

D661C63A-0A2C-41B6-832A-983366DA0AEA.jpeg

• Haha 3

Apparently every team is left holding these after playing ORU this year. So they have extras...

• Haha 3