All Millennium Team

SonofaLegend

Seems like an appropriate time for this list, with Caleb's recent visit to the Mabee. I'm sure this list isn't perfect, and maybe a bit biased towards the current team, but I'm curious how they would rank amongst our all time greats over the last two decades. Here's what I got;

PG: Max Abmas

SG: Ken Tutt

F: Kareem Thompson

PF: Caleb Green

C : Conner Vanover

Second Team

PG: Luke Spencer-Gardner

SG: Isaac McBride 

F: Domonique Morrison

PF: Larry Owens 

C : Kevin Obanor

Third Team

PG: Jonathan Bluitt

SG: Carlos Jurgens

F: Patrick Mwamba

PF: Marcus Lewis

C : Reggie Borges

Oh no no no....DoMo is on first team as is Obanor....🤩

LOLOL....

• Max Abmas
  • Ken Tutt
  • Obi Emegano
  • Dominique Morrison
  • Caleb Green

• Moses Ehambe
  • Warren Niles
  • Kevin Obanor
  • Larry Owens
  • Emmanuel Nzekwesi

• Robert Jarvis
  • Jonathan Bluitt
  • Reggie Borges
  • Shawn Glover
  • Conner Vanover

Agree Obi beats out Obanor...🤔

• SonofaLegend changed the title to All Millennium Team

Good list OT. I can't argue with any of those! I left some great names off. Warren, Obi, and Ehambe especially. To be fair my first team had Kareem to provide balance for the scoring, 😬 but can't say Obi couldn't fill that spot and then some. 

I know this is based on historic individual achievement, but if I am fielding an actual team to play, I am starting Vanover.

3 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I know this is based on historic individual achievement, but if I am fielding an actual team to play, I am starting Vanover.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know that he's "earned" a place on any list just yet - he hasn't even played a full season. But I don't know that there's any player that has changed the dynamic of a team as much as he has. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

1st Team: 

• Max Abmas
  • Obi Emegano 
  • Dominique Morrison
  • Kevin Obanor 
  • Caleb Green

Evenly selected over the course of the past 22 years.

The all underrated team since 2000:

Isaac McBride (in Max's shadow)

Kory Billbury (in Obi's shadow)

Brandon Conley (a true glue guy)

Steven Roundtree (very talented but had some off court issues)

Albert Owens (solid four years but on poor teams)

• Upvote 1

Steven Roundtree???.....oh boy.....now that's a controversial selection....a truly talented player when he decided to show up....but didn't always do that night in night out....and then of course the inglorious end due to an assault on a female off campus....wonder what ever happened to that guy??.....and how about Kevin Ford??....a really good center who made the ESPN Top 10 a couple times with his spectacular dunks.....thinking he was better than a rather soft Albert Owens.....😮

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Korey Billbury never played in Obi's shadow. 

4 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Yemi Ogunoye - could guard 1 through 5. Limited offensively due to his shot, but more times then not he was on the floor. Had to be. Great leadership on and off the floor. 

Marchello Vealy - could have been amazing. I’ve never met another human being like him lol. 

I’d take Shawn Glover over Carlos and McBride. 

I don’t have stats to back it up, but Junior Robert Jarvis was pretty darn good. Was leading 6th man of the year in the country. I’d put him up against Obi. 

Kareem over Slo is silly. 

Obi over Tutt could be argued. I’m going with Tutt. 

I may be a little biased. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm the only one with Kareem, and I put him all the way up on my first team 😂 It's great to see see all the names, and the memories they helped recall. Again, probably recency bias, and a belief that the box score on occasion does not adequately show a players contribution, I still feel like I would draft Kareem as a starter from the field above. 

I wonder how all these players would be different, playing under Sutton/Mills 🤔

Jarvis was one of the most exciting players and fun personalities to watch, but I always felt Marcus Lewis got half the touches he deserved. 

I remember Ken being the first player I watched that I felt was almost "automatic". Wasn't super athletic, but could get open, and when he shot, I always thought it'd be going in. Injuries caused his numbers to dip a bit mid career, but the Tutt/Green era was special, and the crowds they drew, just grew and grew. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SonofaLegend said:

I'm the only one with Kareem, and I put him all the way up on my first team 😂 It's great to see see all the names, and the memories they helped recall. Again, probably recency bias, and a belief that the box score on occasion does not adequately show a players contribution, I still feel like I would draft Kareem as a starter from the field above. 

I wonder how all these players would be different, playing under Sutton/Mills 🤔

Jarvis was one of the most exciting players and fun personalities to watch, but I always felt Marcus Lewis got half the touches he deserved. 

I remember Ken being the first player I watched that I felt was almost "automatic". Wasn't super athletic, but could get open, and when he shot, I always thought it'd be going in. Injuries caused his numbers to dip a bit mid career, but the Tutt/Green era was special, and the crowds they drew, just grew and grew. 

Different era and kind of basketball. If you didn’t defend you didn’t play with Sutton, unless you were better than your problems. 

Back then offense couldn’t move as freely. Hand checking was easier to do. I could guard 1-4. That’s because I could be a bit more physical with the quicker smaller guards. Now, you get one touch then it’s a foul. They cracked down on that 4-5 years ago.

Marcus Lewis was ahead of his time. I loved his game. He had great touch and a feel for the game. Great passer. If he could shoot a lick, he would have easily fought for POY in the conference.  

Fun Tutt story. On my official visit, I had to guard Tutt. The guys I played with told me he could shoot, like really shoot. Well I managed to hold my own up until game point. Tutt brings the ball up the floor takes a couple dribbles past half court and knocks it down. Everyone on my team is upset because I let home shoot it. I was like he was dang near at half court…

All I hear: “Welcome to D1 young fella!”

• Like 4

I didn’t start following ORU ball until 2006-2007 so some of the names you guys have listed I never watched play so my teams will skew to the later periods. Also threw in an all bust team for fun.

1st team

Max Abmas

Obi Emegano

Domo

Kevin Obanor

Caleb Green

2nd team

Ken Tutt 

Warren Niles

Larry Owens

Shawn Glover

E-Man

3rd Team

Isaac McBride

Robert Jarvis

Damen Bell-Holter

Shawn King

Yemi

BUST Team- I haven’t researched what happened to most of these guys after ORU so maybe they had good careers but they didn’t live up to the hype from what I can remember.

Hunter Mclintock- loved his videos but the fancy dribbling and passes didn’t translate 

Dedrick Lee- Big Time Arkansas recruit, couldn’t get on the court.

Chris Crawford- local product from Victory, I thought he would solidify the PG position but I don’t think he even made it through a whole season at ORU.

Ty Lazenby- OU transfer, was supposed to be a shooter but it didn’t happen at ORU.

Darian Harris- creighton transfer, came in as a freshman on a bad ORU team and never really took off. Averaged 3-4 points a game over 3 years. He had a couple good shooting games.

Honorable mention- Curtis Allen, Beloved Rogers, Tim Morton

52 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I didn’t start following ORU ball until 2006-2007 so some of the names you guys have listed I never watched play so my teams will skew to the later periods. Also threw in an all bust team for fun.

1st team

Max Abmas

Obi Emegano

Domo

Kevin Obanor

Caleb Green

2nd team

Ken Tutt 

Warren Niles

Larry Owens

Shawn Glover

E-Man

3rd Team

Isaac McBride

Robert Jarvis

Damen Bell-Holter

Shawn King

Yemi

BUST Team- I haven’t researched what happened to most of these guys after ORU so maybe they had good careers but they didn’t live up to the hype from what I can remember.

Hunter Mclintock- loved his videos but the fancy dribbling and passes didn’t translate 

Dedrick Lee- Big Time Arkansas recruit, couldn’t get on the court.

Chris Crawford- local product from Victory, I thought he would solidify the PG position but I don’t think he even made it through a whole season at ORU.

Ty Lazenby- OU transfer, was supposed to be a shooter but it didn’t happen at ORU.

Darian Harris- creighton transfer, came in as a freshman on a bad ORU team and never really took off. Averaged 3-4 points a game over 3 years. He had a couple good shooting games.

Honorable mention- Curtis Allen, Beloved Rogers, Tim Morton

Curtis Allen is the best player to never make it. He was unbelievably gifted. Athletic - could jump out of the gym. Could score at all three levels. I think it was more mental than anything for him.