ORU Receiving Votes in 2023 Preseason Polls

Old Titan

I hope they know something that I don't.  Maybe we have a couple of new great pitchers. 

I think everyone is just guessing now until we see them play.

• Upvote 1

I would be interested in any insider information on this year's team, as ORU has seen some wholesale changes since last season.  According to the "ORU 2023 Quick Facts" media release, ORU only has 15 of 36 letter winners returning, and 19 new players on the roster.  Gone are the starters at several key positions: C, SS, LF, RF, and the pitchers who started 40 of the 58 games in 2022.  That is a LOT of changeover!  Having an elite closer like Cade Denton is huge, but a relief pitcher can only get a save if the team is leading when the closer comes in.

Any insights as to who fills the key positions, and fills out the starting rotation? 

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 3:34 PM, TrueBlue82 said:

I would be interested in any insider information on this year's team, as ORU has seen some wholesale changes since last season.  According to the "ORU 2023 Quick Facts" media release, ORU only has 15 of 36 letter winners returning, and 19 new players on the roster.  Gone are the starters at several key positions: C, SS, LF, RF, and the pitchers who started 40 of the 58 games in 2022.  That is a LOT of changeover!  Having an elite closer like Cade Denton is huge, but a relief pitcher can only get a save if the team is leading when the closer comes in.

Any insights as to who fills the key positions, and fills out the starting rotation? 

Might get some answers (or at least those requested insights) here...