Who'd like to get together be in town for the 3 games

jmg1984

Here is the list of sponsors from the website (not updated in a while but I guess still good).  I think Mazzio's would be a blast Friday night because I used to go there all the time when at ORU.  If on a budget, Whataburger would be okay.  Los Cabos is great, but group seating on a Friday night might be tough.  Let's vote and get Friday night set up.  I vote Mazzio's.

We need to work on getting Smitty's Garage as a sponsor for next year.  That place is great.

image.thumb.png.7f9421aace30e28427af7384149bf0e2.png

1 hour ago, OKC Eagle said:

Here is the list of sponsors from the website (not updated in a while but I guess still good).  I think Mazzio's would be a blast Friday night because I used to go there all the time when at ORU.  If on a budget, Whataburger would be okay.  Los Cabos is great, but group seating on a Friday night might be tough.  Let's vote and get Friday night set up.  I vote Mazzio's.

We need to work on getting Smitty's Garage as a sponsor for next year.  That place is great.

Great idea about getting Smitty's (a sports joint) as an ORU sponsor. Surely they would want to back a WINNING team.

I'd be fine with Mazzio's - especially if we can take advantage of your employee discount like we did 30 years ago! 😆

49 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

How does it compare to Hideaway?

I think the proximity to campus is probably the best thing it has going. I am down to join at one of the meetings btw! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

How does it compare to Hideaway?

No comparison. Mazzio's is a chain (think Pizza Hut) while Hideaway is a "boutique" pizza joint. I think Hideaway originated in Stillwater, while Mazzio's is a Tulsa tradition.

It's just decent, cheap pizza and been around Tulsa for a long time. 😃 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The only comparison to Hideaway is that Mazzios is an ORU sponsor. I worked there for 5 years and ate the food all the time. After I left, I did not eat it for 5 years. Now I like it again. They have a decent cauliflower crust that is a must for me and pizza. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

No, we'll do both.

Absolutely, though I'm going to recommend switching the breakfast venue to BBD2 Diner (Brookside By Day) at 81st & Harvard, for reasons I will explain Saturday morning to those who attend.

I'm up for whatever pizza everybody wants Friday evening as well...

On 1/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, MrsSmith said:

I'm not sure why the other females on the board didn't show up.  And where was ORU40?

Yes where was and where is @ORU40 ?