Who'd like to get together be in town for the 3 games

jmg1984

I wanted my grandson Bo and his friend Cash to meet the message board family so they could see the great camaraderie that we have with each other. All 3 of our grandsons started attending ORU games while they were infants and they will all be lifelong fans. This was Cash’s first game and he says ORU is now his favorite college basketball team. At so many levels ORU is an incredible place to be at!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, eagle88 said:

05A23683-9815-4F11-BAD4-8BFD03478CE0.jpeg

As Old Titan reported as he departed the group last night, "You all are a better looking group on the board than in person!!" Or something like that . . .

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

As Old Titan reported as he departed the group last night, "You all are a better looking group on the board than in person!!" Or something like that . . .

LOL - what I thought/meant to say was, "WE are a lot better-looking online than WE are in person."  #DadBodsUnite

38 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

LOL - what I thought/meant to say was, "WE are a lot better-looking online than WE are in person."  #DadBodsUnite

OK, OK, all good-natured ribbing aside:  a great-looking group AND a fantastic bunch of folks, in cyber space and in person.

Thouroughly enjoy all our interactions; particularly how you all put up with my cr@p.  You guys are the BEST!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

OK, OK, all good-natured ribbing aside:  a great-looking group AND a fantastic bunch of folks, in cyber space and in person.

Thouroughly enjoy all our interactions; particularly how you all put up with my cr@p.  You guys are the BEST!

For the record, I repeated your line purely in jest!!  I thought it was hilarious at the time!! I originally was going to attach it to a comment about MrsSmith splendidly representing the fairer sex as a rose amongst thorns, or something like that. But I thought better of it, because it's so easy to offend with even the most innocently intended comments these days. So I just posted that great line; I think it may have lost some of it's humor in the presentation. Gives you some idea of my joke-telling ability!! 😊

• Like 2

So nice to put faces with names. Wish TheEagleman could have been there. Love you all....GO Blue!!! 😍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Save the date. Friday, February 17, 6:30-7:00ish (baseball game starts at 3:00 that day), message board dinner get together somewhere (in south Tulsa metro). 

Or, we could do breakfast/brunch/lunch on Saturday the 18th before the baseball game that starts at 2:00. 

Who’s in?

let’s get a plan with critical mass and then promote it in a new thread. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Save the date. Friday, February 17, 6:30-7:00ish (baseball game starts at 3:00 that day), message board dinner get together somewhere (in south Tulsa metro). 

Or, we could do breakfast/brunch/lunch on Saturday the 18th before the baseball game that starts at 2:00. 

Who’s in?

let’s get a plan with critical mass and then promote it in a new thread. 

Would love to do Saurday breakfast/brunch at ORU Athletics sponsor Daybreak Cafe (previously First Watch) on the southwest corner of 81st and Lewis.

Let me put it this way:  I'll be there that morning regardless, if anyone cares to join me. 

If you want to try to fit dinner in Friday, I'll be there, too - I eat three squares a day.

nom nom eating GIF by Laff

• Like 5

I'm in - sounds great!! For me personally I'd prefer the breakfast option. Daybreak Cafe sounds perfect.

I loved First Watch. Last time I ate there, along with a bunch of other ORU fans, was in Indianapolis during the NCAA tournament. Funny thing - we ate there our first morning in town, then went back for a reprise the next morning and it was closed! They shut her down in the middle of the tournament. How about that!!

I'm down for one or the other or both (a la @Old Titan).

Always up for a burger at Smitty's Garage (post baseball game) - easy on the wallet, good on the gut. 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm also in for one or both. If it's dinner, it seems like Taziki's or Waldo's would be nice to support a sponsor. But I've never been to Smitty's, and wouldn't mind trying it either.