Who'd like to get together be in town for the 3 games

jmg1984

Who can resist coming to Tulsa for 3 games in 6 days! I'll be driving with wife from Phoenix to see some 🏀 meet some friends and check out the new buildings. Lmk if you want to meet.😄

I’ll be there with @ORob2. It looks like we’ll be arriving just in time for the Thursday night game and leaving Sunday morning. Looking forward to putting more names with faces! 👍

Rob

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Anyone know anyone on this board (hint, hint) that might be able to produce some of these by Thursday or the weekend? Maybe customize the back with boardname and the year (as a number) joined the board...

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.15.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.19.08 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Given the lack of time, we might have to settle for something old school like this...image.png.6fb9c6d242e3b0eab55da066c2199a4e.png

😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

Anyone know anyone on this board (hint, hint) that might be able to produce some of these by Thursday or the weekend? Maybe customize the back with boardname and the year (as a number) joined the board...

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.15.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 1.19.08 PM.png

LOL - yeah sure, no problem; you want fries with that order?

samuel l jackson eating GIF by NBC Sports Boston

22 hours ago, ORob1 said:

I’ll be there with @ORob2. It looks like we’ll be arriving just in time for the Thursday night game and leaving Sunday morning. Looking forward to putting more names with faces! 👍

Rob

Where are you coming from?

4 hours ago, jmg1984 said:

Where are you coming from?

God's country, North Alabama-the "256"! 😄  Home of Kareem Thompson...

We're actually in Huntsville.  Kareem is from Florence-about 90 minutes to the west.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

We're actually in Huntsville.  Kareem is from Florence-about 90 minutes to the west.

Rob

Rob had the pleasure of meeting you last year, and loved your prior handle family photo, still wish you got someone in the family a #40 ORU retro jersey, with the flame!        Bu what can you do!! Huntsville, isn't that where the Todd Burns baseball academy is? Todd is a great guy and a good friend, and I have a couple great Todd Burns stories but probably best not posted.    

Hope you and Rob2, jmg1984 and anyone else coming into town has safe travels!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORU40 said:

Sorry, @ORU40 - Although I have a decent collection of old ORU jersey's, I don't have a Ralph Charles version...Ha! Just kidding!  🤣 

I do have a throwback Greg Davis jersey, complete with the flame (thanks to @tmh8286). Many years ago, Doc traded it to me for a #33 Andrew Milloy jersey, I think.  I still feel bad for that one-sided deal, but I was friends with Scott Davis back in the day and stayed over at their place at least a couple times at Grad Student Housing.  Scott ended up playing a year or two at ORU, right? and it seems like Doc or one of his boys had a connection of some kind to Andrew so it worked out well for us both, I suppose.

It was a pleasure to meet you last season and I'm looking forward to seeing you again this week.  Also, yes, regarding Todd Burns and his baseball academy.  Both are here in Huntsville.  I've met Todd a couple of times but he wouldn't know me.  He does seem like a good dude and I'm sure he appreciates you keeping your stories in the vault! LOL.

Rob

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully those who are in town will also come to the baseball Diamond Dinner on Friday night.  That is always a lot of fun.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Rob had the pleasure of meeting you last year, and loved your prior handle family photo, still wish you got someone in the family a #40 ORU retro jersey, with the flame!        Bu what can you do!! Huntsville, isn't that where the Todd Burns baseball academy is? Todd is a great guy and a good friend, and I have a couple great Todd Burns stories but probably best not posted.    

• Like 1

Just now, jmg1984 said:

ORU40 would be fun to meet/ talk with you this year🏀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

Hopefully those who are in town will also come to the baseball Diamond Dinner on Friday night.  That is always a lot of fun.

Maybe so. Hope to get to G E dinner before games if they still have them

15 hours ago, OKC Eagle said:

At a minimum, we should pick a gathering spot for halftime, or before or after the games.  We can do more, but I will throw out that a suggestion that we at least meet at halftime on Thursday above the scoreboard on the east end between Sections 106 and 107 (opposite side from the band).  I think most message boarders sit on that end of the arena.  

Sounds good

4 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Rob

I'll be coming from the Phoenix area

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORU40 said:

Would be nice to meet you this year ORU40