NET Rankings 22-23

TrueBlue82

10 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

If you want to say we have the #1 D-1 schedule and our record is 2-3, then ok. 

But, to say we are 6-3 against the toughest schedule is disingenuous...at best. 

I totally get that. Has that been said? The two tweets I see have only been stating the #1 D1 SOS.

I'm fine with dropping this somewhat academic exercise in logic and instead focusing on the positives:  due to Paul Mills' unconventional scheduling philosophy, ORU's initial NET ranking is further evidence that ORU may be poised for a startling tournament seed if they are able to win 20-to-25 games and the conference tournament. 

A 13 or even a 12-seed is not beyond the realm of possibility if the wins continue to pile up...exciting stage of the season!

"BECAUSE MAX IS BACK!" (tweet that, G.E.F. 😁)

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's OK to misrepresent ORU's strength of schedule.....But God Forbid our students chant...TU SUCKS!!!  (which is not a lie) 😮😉😜

17 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

No, I think they all have valid cases to crow about their rankings.  

Oh, so it’s not actually about “Keeping up with the Jones’s”

18 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

No one in their right mind thinks ORU has played a tougher schedule than Gonzaga, or Duke, or Michigan State, or Kentucky.

Actually it’s the people who ARE in their right mind that do. It literally is based on numbers. It takes “people’s minds” out of it. 

And oh by the way… this is the exact reason it’s smarter to schedule Non D1 games than to schedule multiple 250+ ranked teams. Because it helps your NET ranking. Which is what helps your seeding. So it could literally be the difference between a 16 seed and a 14 seed in the ncaa tournament. 
But I already tried to convince some on this board why that was important, and it was met with a bunch of resistance. So I won’t go down that path again!! 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Oh, so it’s not actually about “Keeping up with the Jones’s”

Actually it’s the people who ARE in their right mind that do. It literally is based on numbers. It takes “people’s minds” out of it. 

And oh by the way… this is the exact reason it’s smarter to schedule Non D1 games than to schedule multiple 250+ ranked teams. Because it helps your NET ranking. Which is what helps your seeding. So it could literally be the difference between a 16 seed and a 14 seed in the ncaa tournament. 
But I already tried to convince some on this board why that was important, and it was met with a bunch of resistance. So I won’t go down that path again!! 😂

I've already posted re: what you just (awkwardly) attempted to say...try to keep up with this "old", will ya? 😘

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I've already posted re: what you just (awkwardly) attempted to say...try to keep up with this "old", will ya? 😘

🫶

14 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

I totally get that. Has that been said? The two tweets I see have only been stating the #1 D1 SOS.

Yes. On every form on communication, website, and broadcast, we claim that our record is 6-3.

1 minute ago, oruvoice said:

Yes. On every form on communication, website, and broadcast, we claim that our record is 6-3.

gotcha… i think you’ve got a tough argument if you are thinking teams shouldn’t count their non d1 games as wins. But good luck with that!

4 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

gotcha… i think you’ve got a tough argument if you are thinking teams shouldn’t count their non d1 games as wins. But good luck with that!

Well, then we should schedule a whole bunch more teams like Haskell, Bacone, & Rhema! We could go undefeated and tweet that we should be the #1 team in the nation! 

8 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Well, then we should schedule a whole bunch more teams like Haskell, Bacone, & Rhema! We could go undefeated and tweet that we should be the #1 team in the nation! 

That’s basically what Denver has done 😂😂

13 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

And, as far as teams counting their non D-1 wins, nobody plays 4 of them in the regular season and some don't play any. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

That’s basically what Denver has done 😂😂

Denver is playing 2 non D-1 games this year. And, that's more than most.

27 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-men/d1/ncaa-mens-basketball-net-rankings

ORU moves from 74 to 62 in the NET ranking. Liberty is at 102. Tulsa is at 237. It’s still a bit early for this ranking to have enough validity in my opinion. 

Yeah, but it’s great to be getting as good a ranking as possible now before the inevitable deterioration to come from playing so many weaker/rated teams in the Summit this year. 

• Upvote 5