at Tulsa

Old Titan

22 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Does anyone have a video of that dunk by Patrick at the end?  Someone should put that on a poster!

Kevin Durant Basketball GIF by Apple TV+

YES. Someone please find and share here. 

Carlos rarely gets the headlines but he pretty much shut down TU's best scorer, Sam G.  Held him to 4-16 from the field, which we would take 100 percent of the time.  Then he had the big three to finish off the Golden Hurricane.  

ORU had 16 assists to 5 turnovers, that will win the Eagles a lot of games!  On a side note: really liked that new announcer, Kyle.  He seems to know his stuff about basketball.  Is he mainly broadcasting the women's games?  Hopefully, he helps Adam in the future on the men's side.  They make a nice combo/team.

• Upvote 3

Now we just need Voice back at the microphone at Mabee....Those were the days!! 😉

• Upvote 2

I was at the game and it was great. Here’s a couple notes: 

The 3D projection was cool. They used it in one of the media timeout games and that was creative. I’ve never been to a game at Reynolds Center and it’s a nice venue, but not near as nice as Mabee Center. I feel like it could be really loud if it was full (it was maybe half full).
The ORU students really showed up. I would argue the ORU student section was bigger than the TU student section. It was definitely louder. The ORU fans were louder for most of the game. There was a minute stretch when the TU fans started getting loud, then ORU sent them to the exits. I felt like the TU students should have led their fans in the cheers better. 

As for the game, ORU had a terrible time with miscommunication on defense for a lot of the first half. They cleaned it up in the second half and it made a big difference. ORU is also trying to get Vanover the ball more near the basket. It’ll be good once he gets better at it, but it was a little shaky today. 
Mwamba is a really good player. He’s probably the player of the game other than Max. We closed the game out with a lineup of Abmas, Jurgens, Thompson, Mwamba, and Vanover. It was a great move by Coach Mills I think. 
It was so nice to see Max shooting like that again. Of course, a couple of those corner threes he missed I wonder if he was TOO open. 

The ORU students clearly aggravated some TU fans. After the game, a TU fan told my Mom (who was wearing an ORU shirt) that the ORU students were really disrespectful. She couldn’t believe that they would start chanting during the TU Alma Mater! It was funny because neither I nor my mom, or anyone else in our group ever went to ORU or have any real connection with the school except having a lot of fun rooting for the team and appreciating the University’s mission. There wasn’t really anything  we could do except laugh about it afterwards. 

Overall it was a great win!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

What can I say? It truly was a great game! We sat next  to Max’s parents which in itself was a lot of fun! Both Troy and Erika are a delight to be around. Needless to say Max is back and had his entertainers hat on when towards the end of the game he drained a 3 and strolled down the court turning to the TU crowd letting them know who is boss!(I secretly believed he did it for OT and Eagleman  to honor them for all the harassment they have endured over the years at 11th and Harvard)! The team played a complete game tonight in my opinion. Patrick, Carlos , Kareem and Max were the glue but Connor, McBride and DJ definitely contributed. We played well on offense and defense. I am encouraged that we proved we are capable of playing a complete game! What a treat and memorable Mayors Cup…3 in a row!! At the conclusion of the game it was so neat to see Max and the players raise the cup and then bring it to the well attended student section. We all get to enjoy this for a week before playing Central Arkansas.

DCB283ED-272E-4BEC-B31B-598439EAA717.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

With our victory over TU, the KenPom ORU strength of schedule has dropped from #1 to #7.  What a DOUBLE BLESSING!  We no longer need to listen to the bogus “toughest schedule in the country” drivel - and we can truthfully complain that playing TU weakens our schedule! 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Idig32 said:

The ORU students clearly aggravated some TU fans. After the game, a TU fan told my Mom (who was wearing an ORU shirt) that the ORU students were really disrespectful. She couldn’t believe that they would start chanting during the TU Alma Mater! It was funny because neither I nor my mom, or anyone else in our group ever went to ORU or have any real connection with the school except having a lot of fun rooting for the team and appreciating the University’s mission. There wasn’t really anything  we could do except laugh about it afterwards. 

A common occurrence at TU 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I keep asking, ”Siri, who won the Oral Roberts, Tulsa basketball game today?  Her various responses NEVER get old.

I’m just glad TU “recruits different players than we do!”…

❤️💪🦅🏀😎

Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Idig32 said:

The ORU students clearly aggravated some TU fans. After the game, a TU fan told my Mom (who was wearing an ORU shirt) that the ORU students were really disrespectful.

I do think it was classless for the students to chant, "TU Sucks!" (regardless of whether it is true or not).  🤣  I think that we will get that cleaned up in the future games.  

• Upvote 2

We didn’t play great, but did have spurts of really nice play.

I’m glad to see Max play with some swagger and a smile on his face. I think our experience was on display as we took advantage of what TU was giving us. If we had made more open shots, the game would have been a blowout. 

While Abmas had a breakout game and made some tough shots - I think Mwamba was equally the star of the game. He is quite an athlete and defender. (Did anyone else catch his ‘Bruce Lee’ move when he sprang to his feet from a prone position on the baseline?). I’m excited to see him progress this year. McBride had an uncharacteristically poor shooting performance, but had 3 rebounds and 4 assists. Thompson showed flashes of the moves we saw in NCAA tournament; I like it when he is active/aggressive. Same with Jurgens - he should use his strength more to overpower opponents in the paint. Vanover played well; we need to work on more effectively getting him the ball down low. 

Gotta love the fact that we only shot three free throws. 

Nice win for the good guys. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Oh how TheEagleman wishes he could have been at Reynolds today to join in with the students and the TU sucks chants....because they do.... 😎

14 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

We didn’t play great, but did have spurts of really nice play.

I’m glad to see Max play with some swagger and a smile on his face. I think our experience was on display as we took advantage of what TU was giving us. If we had made more open shots, the game would have been a blowout. 

While Abmas had a breakout game and made some tough shots - I think Mwamba was equally the star of the game. He is quite an athlete and defender. (Did anyone else catch his ‘Bruce Lee’ move when he sprang to his feet from a prone position on the baseline?). I’m excited to see him progress this year. McBride had an uncharacteristically poor shooting performance, but had 3 rebounds and 4 assists. Thompson showed flashes of the moves we saw in NCAA tournament; I like it when he is active/aggressive. Same with Jurgens - he should use his strength more to overpower opponents in the paint. Vanover played well; we need to work on more effectively getting him the ball down low. 

Gotta love the fact that we only shot three free throws. 

Nice win for the good guys. 

🎯

3 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Does anyone have a video of that dunk by Patrick at the end?  Someone should put that on a poster!

Kevin Durant Basketball GIF by Apple TV+

3 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

YES. Someone please find and share here. 

• Upvote 2