Rogers State

Keenan Henderson

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving holiday and is ready for some basketball on Sunday.  Rogers State did play Arkansas about a month ago and lost 83-49 in an exhibition.  Thinking Eagles by about 15 in this one, 90-75.

TheEagleman will set the line at ORU -19.5. Good Guys still have not played a 40 minute game this season and it's about time...can we do that against RSU?...Hillcats are 3-2....Mad Max needs to hit some shots and the big man should dominate underneath on D....starters need some minutes because they won't get many on Tuesday vs. Ozark Christian. ORU pulls away in the 2nd half for a 94-71 victory....💪

Even though Rogers State is D2 they are a good D2 program. Hopefully we are ready to play and focused . I like  Eagleman’s prediction as long as we play well

Rogers St. has had some decent teams over the years....TheEagleman doesn't have the memory he used to have but I seem to recall that the Hillcats came into Mabee one time during the Sutton years and almost beat us....the game was actually tied in the final two minutes but ORU was able to pull out a 3 or 4 point victory in the last minute of an early season game.....anyone else recall that game?  It may have been during the DoMo years?......not sure....let's hope that doesn't happen today.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

37-36 at half with ORU trailing.....Max 0-4 with 3 points total.....very very sad......😪

Rogers State was the better team in the first half.  Why does ORU seem so flat when they play at home?  Even going back to last year they just really struggle at home.  Not sure what is wrong with the Eagles but hopefully they come alive in the second half.

Mad Max has finally woken up along with his teammates in the 2nd half....ORU up 15....Max has 20 and still five minutes left.....like KH said above....not sure why this team seems to sleepwalk at home during the first half of games......🥺

ORU wins with an unimpressive performance 81-70....20 for Max and a double double for Mwamba (10/10).....bring on Ozark Christian!!  :circle-logoi:

It felt like a practice game today.  ORU was just like let us get this over with, we will eventually pull ahead.  The announcer, crowd, and team seemed lackluster.  Surprised to see the Eagles play on Sunday, should have just taken this day off.  

I'm tired of seeing one on one basketball being played by guys who can't create their own shot. They don't know what to do with the ball when they are in traffic. Maybe with the exception of McBride. Turnovers in the paint and desperate "layups" hoisted at the basket from 5 feet away as they go flying through the air toward the baseline is not a high percentage move. Max and Trey do this frequently, hoping to get a foul call (which they hardly ever get) and then they wind up on the floor while the other team clears the boards. And does anyone coach players to pump fake under the basket. Get the guy in the air and jump into him to get the "and one" or at least two free throws. Coach said they didn't come out with energy for the first half. I know I'm not a coach, but hey, if they don't come out with the energy you want to see, or if their cold shooting "affects their energy level on defense", as he said in the post game show, sit their butts down and put some guys in who want to play hard. Let 'em know you mean business. Maybe Solomon Bozeman didn't have such a bad idea last year when he made his UAPB guys run sprints during a game. No, that's going too far. I just want to see these guys be better as a team and move themselves and the program forward. C'mon guys (coaches included). Let's turn it up a notch or two. I would love to hear what you former players think.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

It felt like a practice game today.  ORU was just like let us get this over with, we will eventually pull ahead.  The announcer, crowd, and team seemed lackluster.  Surprised to see the Eagles play on Sunday, should have just taken this day off.  

They did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember just a few short years ago when we used to play hard in the first half and then lose energy and momentum in the second half. Now we've flipped the script.

I got so frustrated at some of the shots they were taking--the kind where you KNOW they won't go in. And what is up with missing so many free throws? And passing the ball to a spot where there's no one to catch it? All I kept thinking was, this kind of play won't get us anywhere in Summit League games.

Kudos to McBride and Weaver, who seemed very focused. Maybe some (not all) of the others had too much turkey at Thanksgiving. 🙂 

1 hour ago, titansforever said:

I got so frustrated at some of the shots they were taking--the kind where you KNOW they won't go in. And what is up with missing so many free throws? And passing the ball to a spot where there's no one to catch it? All I kept thinking was, this kind of play won't get us anywhere in Summit League games.

It has been suggested by an ORUSports.com regular who I greatly respect (yes, the same guy as I mentioned elsewhere) that perhaps ORU doesn't run their true offense in these non-D1 games to avoid giving opponents (such as TU up next) anything legitimate to actually plan for.

In that event:  "Mission Accomplished!"  LOL

If not intentional, though, then TU's prep for ORU's offense should take all of 30 minutes, tops.

29 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

It has been suggested by an ORUSports.com regular who I greatly respect (yes, the same guy as I mentioned elsewhere) that perhaps ORU doesn't run their true offense in these non-D1 games to avoid giving opponents (such as TU up next) anything legitimate to actually plan for.

In that event:  "Mission Accomplished!"  LOL

If not intentional, though, then TU's prep for ORU's offense should take all of 30 minutes, tops.

Yep guard the 3 all done😄😦