Ladies game vs OU on ESPN

Ting

Ladies playing better in the 2nd half. 

first half was eye opening. Our girls getting consistently beat down the floor in transition defense even on possessions with the ball coming out under the basket. OU set a program record for points scored in a half at 67. (They had 38 in the first quarter)

If the pace is too fast, ladies have to give everything they got and sub out in shorter spurts, almost like a hockey lineup change. Can’t keep getting beat up and down the floor. 

At court side countdown, Kelsi made a comment that seemed to indicate that the girls weren’t in as good condition as she would like. The first half showed the ladies what that meant and still a long season to go. Still plenty of potential. As coach recruits more speed and more shooting, and our bigs get in better shape, watch out!

• Like 1

Thankfully OU took their foot off the gas and played their subs.

We did score 94 points and made it look way more respectable than it was.  105-94.

Respectfully disagree. I didn't see OU taking their foot off the gas. They kept their 9-man rotation. OU played like they had a lot of international experience, which they did in their France trip. I saw our team recover and outscore the #15 team in the nation by 19 points in the second half. That's a win.

13 minutes ago, Sterns78 said:

Respectfully disagree. I didn't see OU taking their foot off the gas. They kept their 9-man rotation. OU played like they had a lot of international experience, which they did in their France trip. I saw our team recover and outscore the #15 team in the nation by 19 points in the second half. That's a win.

Sara looked great shooting from deep. 

In the postgame interview OU coach said credit to Oru, and that they didn’t have answers for them in the second half. 
great motivation for our ladies to want to work harder to get some results come March.
we know the importance of good guard play- 
hannah cooper looking good, talia will be getting lots of PT come end of season if she continues to work. Delaney will have to possibly cut minutes and play at a higher exertion rate. She looked tired and her shot showed it. Less minutes but more effective might be the answer.