Summit League Nonconference

Keenan Henderson

7 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bad night for the Summit on Thursday....NDSU, Omaha and UND all taking big losses on the road.....😬

Omaha was within nine of Nebraska at the 8 minute mark, and lost by 14 in Lincoln, which isn't too bad.  NDSU and UND both played Top Ten ranked opponents, so I will withhold editorial comment on 23 and 35 point losses - until after ORU plays Houston on Monday! 

A little off the topic but is anyone watching the Michigan State/Gonzaga game?  It is being played outdoors on an aircraft carrier in San Diego.  Interesting environment.

Yeah Gonzaga came from 15 down to win....TheEagleman watched some of Houston vs. ST. Joe's tonight....we are in serious trouble on Monday Night... Gonna be ugly.....Cougars might be the best team around....😬

NDSU loses today to Pacific 91-86. It looks like Grant Nelson and Andrew Morgan played well for the Bison, but Pacific was able to get just a little more. 

Bison can't lose that game in Fargo. They might struggle this season...💪

29 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Bison can't lose that game in Fargo. They might struggle this season...💪

Pacific did not win a single road game in the 2021-22 season.  Ouch...

NDSU lost four starters from last year.  So they may struggle in November but we all know they will be a tough out in Feb/March

Pacific beat UND by 30 tonite while SDSU edged St. Bonaventure by 4. 🏀

SDSU survives against the Bonnies in Sioux Falls ("neutral" court), and and the Bunnies catch a flight immediately after the game for Fayetteville, where they will face the Hogs TOMORROW night.  Add this to last week's Akron to Boise quick turnaround, and the Jacks definitely need a new travel agent!

9 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

SDSU survives against the Bonnies in Sioux Falls ("neutral" court), and and the Bunnies catch a flight immediately after the game for Fayetteville, where they will face the Hogs TOMORROW night.  Add this to last week's Akron to Boise quick turnaround, and the Jacks definitely need a new travel agent!

Yeah, I noticed that when they released their schedule: hard to find games this year! 

Kansas Jayhawks and Arkansas Razorbacks have enough games vs. Summit teams this year they should be included in the conference W-L standings.

• Haha 1

SDSU vs  #9 Arkansas tonight at 7pm cst should be a good game to watch.  It will interesting to see how the Jacks look and how they do against a top 10 team on the road. 
Also it will be interesting how TSU does against Houston tonight. Most likely a blowout.

• Upvote 1

Jacks going down big at Arkansas tonight....Houston putting a big hurt on Texas Southern....Cougars apparently the real deal so I guess we shouldn't feel too badly....😉

• Like 1

Here is my take on last nights games: first of all Houston is for real and will be a tough out against any team. SDSU is good but not as good as last year with the loss of their 2 star players. I would really like to see how SDSU would fare against Houston at their place . My hunch is the results would be similar to us and TSU. ORU needs to get better each week, stay focused and they should be very competitive in the Summit League.

South Dakota State getting lots of run on sports news and the internets from this Hog-on-Jackrabbit crime.

"Children are watching, man!!"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Teams that practice flopping make college basketball unwatchable

giphy-downsized-large.gif

A Jackrabbit accused of flopping? 

Inconceivable Princessbride GIF - Inconceivable Princessbride Impossible GIFs

FYI:  flopping is an automatic technical this year with no warnings given - that should have been a "T".

I'm personally dreading Summit referees over-empasizing that call in league play; that older, white, bald ref is an over-officious tool as it is; he's gonna love having that bullet in the chamber.

• Upvote 1

OT we've all seen that movie during the long dark days of a trip to the Dakotas.  It may not be near the nightmare it could have been now that Sam Griesal has taken his clearing out the defender with his left arm while driving to the hoop act to the Big 10.  Since they never called an offensive foul, that move is ripe for a flop call if a defender loses his balance on the shove and went to the floor...at least in the Summit League.