Omaha at ORU

theeagleman5

This is a LARGE game at Case on Saturday night for playoff position between two of the better teams in the Summit League.....Mavs have won two in a row and ORU is on a roll since the tragic death of Eugene O.....The Good Guys are playing with a lot of inspiration.....let's hope for a big crowd that makes a lot of noise and win another for #27.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1

Should be a beautiful evening for some soccer at Case - hoping to makeit out! (Astros/Yankees is afternoon game, so no conflict! 😆)

24 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

This is a LARGE game at Case on Saturday night for playoff position between two of the better teams in the Summit League.....Mavs have won two in a row and ORU is on a roll since the tragic death of Eugene O.....The Good Guys are playing with a lot of inspiration.....let's hope for a big crowd that makes a lot of noise and win another for #27.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

I should have grabbed a photo...the field at Case is inscribed with 27 and EQ at midfiled in front of the stands. Team is definitely playing inspired of late!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scoreless at halftime. MUCH more pleasant tonight as I’m in shorts and flip-flops. 😁

Photo shows the tribute: 27/EQ

2EECFAC2-1B6F-4FF3-9507-2251A4C81349.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1-0 ORU...50 min mark.

Final: ORU 1 - 0 Omaha. Good guys hold off the Mavericks for an important Summit League win!

• Like 4

ORU at 9-3-2(5-1) has a real chance at finishing with the top seed at the Summit League Tournament in Denver next month....one league game remaining at WIU next Saturday and a victory would do it i think....Denver (3-0-2) has two Summit games remaining vs. E. Illinois and W. Illinois....ORU's only loss was at Denver earlier in the season so it's possible we could see a rematch in the tournament hosted by the Pioneers..... let's see how it plays out.....GO BLUE!!! :shield-logo:

Is the post-season tournament awarded to the prior season's regular season champion, similar to the baseball tourney? Anyone know?

No the tournament is already scheduled for Denver next month so we will have to play them again on their home turf....not sure if the tournament is awarded like Baseball to last years' regular season champ....but that was ORU I am pretty sure so i guess it's just always played at the U. of Denver.....??? :Denver:

16 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

No the tournament is already scheduled for Denver next month so we will have to play them again on their home turf....not sure if the tournament is awarded like Baseball to last years' regular season champ....but that was ORU I am pretty sure so i guess it's just always played at the U. of Denver.....??? :Denver:

Looks like ORU and Denver both ended with a record of 4-1-1 last year. However, Denver was the #1 seed in the tournament, so they must've won the tiebreaker. Surely Denver would not be the all-time host. Seems like they have just won the regular season every year. 

Would be sweet to host in T-Town if we can hang on this season. 

• Upvote 1

Could happen because ORU would have a 7 point lead with a win at W. Illinois...the most Denver can get is 6 total points with wins in their final two Summit games.....but ORU has to do its' part on the road.....we haven't been strong away from Case this season......😬