Bixby High School Football

Texasgrip

For all you out-of-towners (undoubtedly everyone in Tulsa is WELL aware of this), the little metro just south of Tulsa (where yours truly attended K-12) boasts the nations longest win streak at 56 games! Last week they narrowly edged out Broken Arrow by a score of 77-17. Tonight they face Westmoore (west - Moore) High School, and in two weeks (Nov. 3) they will host long-time next-door rival Jenks - a game that will be televised on ESPN

BHS!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to Jenks at Bixby tonight!.....😎

6 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Looking forward to Jenks at Bixby tonight!.....😎

I'm sorry to tell you that it was last night.  We missed most of it because of the courtside countdown.  We got home and watched the end of a thrilling Jenks victory!  I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

OOPS!!!....TheEagleman was busy watching Eagles/Texans and Phillies/Astros.....had no idea they played on Thursdays in Oklahoma....that has to be a stunning upset of Bixby for Jenks!....doesn't that end a 58 game winning streak??....I will have to find some online info about the game......😬

15 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

OOPS!!!....TheEagleman was busy watching Eagles/Texans and Phillies/Astros.....had no idea they played on Thursdays in Oklahoma....that has to be a stunning upset of Bixby for Jenks!....doesn't that end a 58 game winning streak??....I will have to find some online info about the game......😬

Bill Haisten: With guts and a 357-yard run game, Jenks shocks Bixby and ends the streak

Jenks ends Bixby's 58-game winning streak behind Jaiden Carroll, Ike Owens

• Upvote 1

I was there and the game was a disaster. The last time I went to a Bixby H.S. game, I was here for my 30 year reunion in 2018 - and they hadn't lost since then!

I suppose after going 58-0, a team is due to lay an egg. Bixby played awful and still had a chance to win in the last minute; in fact with the loss, they still won the 6AI-1 title. I fully expect them to rally and still take State!

#jenksstinksandbixbysmellsit 🤣

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/high-school/football/jenks-ends-bixbys-58-game-winning-streak-behind-jaiden-carroll-ike-owens/article_c2d1a542-5acb-11ed-9d70-57a89ab03e38.html

• 2 weeks later...

Bixby* defeats Enid 63-0 tonight in the 2nd round of 6A-I playoffs. *had a bye the first round.

Jenks comes from behind to beat Mustang 34-31 (blocked tying field goal attempt as time expired).

REMATCH NEXT WEEK: BIXBY VS. JENKS!!!

• Upvote 1

Big rematch on Friday night.....is the game being played at Jenks again?...TheEagleman assuming the Bixby will again be heavy faves.....enjoy the game, Grip!!! 🍺

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Big rematch on Friday night.....is the game being played at Jenks again?...TheEagleman assuming the Bixby will again be heavy faves.....enjoy the game, Grip!!! 🍺

(The first game was at Bixby.) Tomorrow's game is at a neutral site: Broken Arrow. Unfortunately the OSSAA scheduled the game at 1pm - a terrible time for families and friends. My previously scheduled engagement wins out: watching the USMNT vs. England in World Cup action. I will have to catch Bixby next week in the finals against either Union or Owasso. 🤣

Union coach makes a surprising decision to kick the field goal with the ball inside the one yard line. Owasso couldn’t stop that running back. Another example of the best team not winning. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MrsSmith said:

Owasso wins in the 6th OT.  A surprising win.  Bixby should win the championship.  

Definitely a surprise as Union was undefeated this season. Bixby beat Owasso soundly in week 1 this season, but I can see that the Rams are playing much better. Should be a good game!

Was NOT a good game! 😆

Bixby plays in their first 6A-I Oklahoma State Championship and beats Owasso 69-6!

• 4 months later...
On 12/2/2022 at 9:35 PM, Texasgrip said:

Was NOT a good game! 😆

Bixby plays in their first 6A-I Oklahoma State Championship and beats Owasso 69-6!

I remember when Bill Blankenship first coached at Owasso and won the state title game against Union. 

23 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

I remember when Bill Blankenship first coached at Owasso and won the state title game against Union. 

It's a good thing for him he didn't have to face the current Bixby team.