WBB Schedule Done!

titansforever

Last time an ORU Tier One sport played Tulsa, OSU, OU, Arkansas and Wichita State all in the same season?

Maybe baseball back in the early 70's before Tulsa dropped the sport?

That is a very challenging schedule for the women.  The new coach did not back down from playing the heavy hitters.  So, I get the idea: ladies first but how about the men's schedule?

• 1 month later...

Eagles win 90-63.  OCU had 22 turnovers, 14 of them steals by ORU.  ORU had 6 blocks and 18 fast break points.  Only shot 42% but seems to be a decent outing for the first game.

image.thumb.png.59277b694b537a6fac7ddb0f7774e85d.png

• Like 2

Glad to hear (no pun intended) that we have a play-by-play guy.  He obviously was either not on the job today or ORU Athletics did not broadcast the game because I could not find it.  Hopefully every game here on out will be broadcast.

Over 3000 fans in attendance at yesterdays' ORU vs. OK Christian basketball game?  That's amazing especially for a mid morning tip off.....Sounds like the ORU students could really be stepping up their game this season....now let's hope our teams do the same!  :circle-logoi:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Over 3000 fans in attendance at yesterdays' ORU vs. OK Christian basketball game?  That's amazing especially for a mid morning tip off.....Sounds like the ORU students could really be stepping up their game this season....now let's hope our teams do the same!  :circle-logoi:

Yesterday was the "Best Field Trip Ever" for some local schools, so a lot of the crowd came from the schools.

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

It's a promotion started by Mike Minyard, many years ago. They bus in a lot of elemntary school kids from all over the area. It used to be legit 3,000-5,000 in the building. Now, it's 3,000 "announced attendance". 

I have been at that game before.  The kids usually get into it.  It is a fun game to attend.

2 hours ago, ORUJason said:

I have been at that game before.  The kids usually get into it.  It is a fun game to attend.

"Fun" is a relative term. 🙄  You have to enjoy squealing and high-pitched voices for the majority of the game.  As an adult, it can grate on you if you're not prepared.  That's why I would never make a good Kindergarten teacher. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1