Josh Jones

ORUalum

I know it’s too early in the season to be thinking about next year, but our future has lots of potential. Cam and JJ are going to be great buddies. JJs game is going to fit real really really well in Mills offense. He will be a Jokic type player, not beating with hops, but with IQ and smarts and hustle.

Go inside. Post up when needed, but able to come out and play some high low to free up our guards

(All this coming from a guy that has never seen the kid actually play, but if I could be a scout I would) 

• Like 1

24/7 Sports has JJ ranked as the 231 best player in 2023 and a three star recruit.  He was ranked 21 in the state of Texas.  Most of the guys that ORU has brought in recently from Texas: DJ Weaver, Sir Issac, and Nate Clover, were about in that range.  Coach Mills knows how to get some studs out of Texas!  Some pan out and others are still developing.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

St. Michael's talent, schedule put Crusaders a class above the rest

Things start and end for the Crusaders with Josh Jones. The 6-foot-10 senior post possesses a deft touch, a skill that will have him playing Division I basketball for Oral Roberts next season.

Averaging nearly a double-double a game (20 points, 9 rebounds), Jones, who started as a freshman at Austin High before transferring, is shooting better than 70% from the floor.

“Like any team, for us it’s all about paint-touch,” Land said. “We’re fortunate to have what I think is the best player in the city in Josh. We play through him, and he’s really unselfish and a great passer, and then we have a lot of guys around him who can make shots and are well-rounded players.”

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Senior year highlights. Nice looking post moves. Isn’t an above the rim player and probably won’t be an elite shot blocker but his passing looks really solid, his footwork is great, and his three ball looks solid! Hope we can keep him, we haven’t had a true post player since E-man left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess Coach Springmann was able to keep him?

He's a man among boys in those highlights.  He will find a different level of play in D1, but hope he sticks with his commitment to ORU.  He will be a difference maker if he stays healthy.