New Mike Carter Athletic Center

ORUTerry

On 3/20/2023 at 4:53 PM, Idig32 said:

This is looking great! What an impressive facility. 

Incredible

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder of the ribbon cutting on Wednesday after chapel. Pinch to zoom pics to see the cool lighting inside where the roofline is highest. 

44967B62-D9C9-4736-8278-8454DC756932.jpeg

DD4F3742-64C9-4664-A0B8-16E398D24996.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I thought the ribbon cutting would be on ORUSN, but I didnt see it. Is there any way to view it live or on demand?

4 hours ago, dave said:

I thought the ribbon cutting would be on ORUSN, but I didnt see it. Is there any way to view it live or on demand?

Yes.

For those unable to attend the ceremony, this event will be livestreamed on ORU’s websiteFacebook page, and YouTube channel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dave said:

I will check, but I would think that something will be video taped and available to put in the On Demand section afterwards at least.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:58 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Oh.....and TheEagleman never had a problem with the ORU Honor Code....I was compliant at least 95% of the time.....Image result for Animal House   

That’s winning right there!Mr Wonderful Kevin O Leary GIF by ABC Network

RIP Raquel Welch.....her passing really makes TheEagleman feel old....if I only had a list of all the guys who used to come take a look at that poster.....😎Image result for raquel welch poster photos

Oh....and the Mike Carter Athletic Center is also a beauty just like Raquel.....well....in a different sort of way......😍

11 hours ago, dave said:

They say that you can watch the livestream on ORU’s website, oru.edu, Facebook page, or YouTube channel.

52 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Thanks OT. Added the Kesli interview to the WBB chat as well. Attending the event Today? Maybe I’ll see you. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

loved Issac trying to convince Kareem to come back for one more year from the stage🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love Isaac McBride....hopefully he will do some analyst work on a baseball broadcast again this year.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

It was a very exciting day for ORU athletics.  It was time to upgrade the Mabee Center last year and now build this state of the art athletic center.  God is good!

Isaac McBride has become the new face of ORU athletics, after Max held that role for the last few years.  I believe McBride will be an 18 point, 3 assists, 3 rebounds type of player this upcoming season that makes first team Summit League.  It is his time to shine and lead the basketball team in 23-24!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

It was a very exciting day for ORU athletics.  It was time to upgrade the Mabee Center last year and now build this state of the art athletic center.  God is good!

Isaac McBride has become the new face of ORU athletics, after Max held that role for the last few years.  I believe McBride will be an 18 point, 3 assists, 3 rebounds type of player this upcoming season that makes first team Summit League.  It is his time to shine and lead the basketball team in 23-24!

I 2nd that comment and stand behind it!Golden Eagles Oru GIF by Oral Roberts University

TheEagleman has just one word for this new Mike Carter Athletic Center..... INFRIGGINCREDIBLE!!!!!  Mabee Center is the house that Fuqua built but this is the place that Max built...I LOVE IT!!!!......Image result for Isacc McBride oru basketball images

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I found a good avatar for @ORU40 in the new weight room. 

238342F7-6D4B-47FA-AC51-46D3572AD87E.jpeg

That's funny, especially since I usually tried to avoid the weight room!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3