Re: Michele Bachmann: 'Woman on a mission'

ORUTerry

Clearly, her positions on HONEST issues don't provide Wetterling with enough clout to win, so her campaign chooses to twist facts and then support their contrived conclusions as true. 

Desperation!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• MadAdder

• Dr. Cornelius

The ads must be pretty blatant for the Star-Trib to point it out... their editorial content is usually comparable to PRAVDA.

The ads must be pretty blatant for the Star-Trib to point it out... their editorial content is usually comparable to PRAVDA.

I've read similar comparisons on Powerline Blog.  So I've been pretty surprised that they seem to be as neutral towards or even supportive of Bachmann as they are.

The Reuters/Zogby poll just released this morning has Bachmann up by 10.

Bachmann: 52%, Wetterling: 42%

A Majority Watch poll released 10/30 had Bachman up by only 1, 48% to 47%.  These polls apparently do not include a third, independent candidate, Binkowski, who it is commonly felt pulls more from Wetterling than from Bachmann.  There definitely appears to be movement toward Bachmann.

Today's poll is also the first one that has Bachmann over 50%. 

The latest, and possibly final, poll before the election tomorrow, done by SurveyUSA, shows Bachmann with a solid lead, 49% to 42%, over Wetterling.  This poll includes the independent, Binkowski, who had 7%. 

It's looking like, barring any unforseen fiascos, Bachmann could become the first ORU grad to be sent to Congress.  Now THAT'S pretty cool!

Every time I think of Michele Bachmann I think of the following:

"Raise up your students to hear my voice, to go where my light is dim, where my voice is heard small, and my healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth. Their work will exceed yours, and in this I am well pleased."

And she wins! Woo hoo!

Out here in Cali it looks like Arnold and Dianne Feinstein were shoo-in's, but it looks like we won't know for a while if any of our ballot measures passed (there was an oil tax to go towards alternative energy research, a 300% cigarette tax hike to go towards healthcare, and a parental notification 48 hours before a minor can get an abortion).

Personally I didn't vote because the Secretary of State's office screwed up my registration somehow. I registered a week before the deadline, but when I called to inquire yesterday they said they had me as a "Registered, but inactive" voter, meaning I couldn't vote today.

I plan to sue unless every candidate / measure I would have voted for passes / is elected!  :-P

Congratulations to Michele Bachmann.  As of this AM she won 50% to 42% over Wetterling.  With the changes in Congress she's probably in for a pretty rough ride.

I noticed a day or two ago that Michele graduated from law school at ORU the same year (1986) that I graduated from dental school.  We were in the same graduation ceremony. 

Congratulations to Michele Bachmann.  As of this AM she won 50% to 42% over Wetterling.  With the changes in Congress she's probably in for a pretty rough ride.

I noticed a day or two ago that Michele graduated from law school at ORU the same year (1986) that I graduated from dental school.  We were in the same graduation ceremony. 

Notice how close these results were to the final SurveyUSA poll I posted a couple of days ago.  That poll pretty much nailed it.

Yesterday's results bring to mind Winston Churchill's quote after he had been defeated in an election immediately following World War II (which he had been intrumental in saving England and winning the war):

"The voters have spoken - the b*st*rds!"

Is this some sort of a puzzle, Terry, where we try to guess what letter the stars represent?

I feel like I'm on "Wheel of Fortune".

Awww. The refreshing difference of opinion. Hearing the same old mantra gets old after a while.