MLB Draft

ORUalum

My Phillies selected an OF from Cal Baptist in the 9th round yesterday....and in the past month brought up former 14th round selection Darick Hall from Dallas Baptist and the kid is hitting the ball well with 4 HRs already.....there are some seriously good players from the smaller schools out there....TheEagleman would expect another ORU player or two to be drafted in the final day of the MLB Draft today.......⚾

11 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

I wonder if he could do better if he stuck around for another year.  He would lose the leverage of being able to return to school, but could he improve his draft stock in 2023 with another stellar year?  Not much signing bonus $$$ after the 11th round.

• Like 1

good sign....seems like it's been awhile since ORU has lost recruits to the draft.....depending on the bonus, i guess there's a chance he still ends up at ORU

57 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

good sign....seems like it's been awhile since ORU has lost recruits to the draft.....depending on the bonus, i guess there's a chance he still ends up at ORU

I wonder if he is the grandson of ORU Alum Ricky Hyde - Ricky graduated in 76 if my memory is correct, and was a gifted athlete.