Get To Know Your ORU WBB Players

Bogus Smith

Bogus, I did not realize you were a fellow Mountaineer.  Where were you from in the Mountain State?  I was born in Wheeling but grew up and have always lived on the Ohio side of the river in the Upper Ohio Valley/Tri-State region.  I guess you can honestly say you were born/raised in Almost Heaven and now what, live in God's Country (Oklahoma)?

I am pleasantly surprised by this signing.  She was born/raised in Parkersburg, West Virginia and attended Parkersburg South High.  She was twice named First Team All-OVAC (Ohio Valley Athletic Conference) Class "AAAAA" as well as Second Team All-West Virginia her Sophomore year and First Team All-West Virginia her Junior and Senior years.  At Charleston Southern University she was an All-Big South Freshman and can play the 3, 4 or 5 positions.  She is 6'1".  Hopefully she can contribute a lot to our program.

BTW, welcome to the program Makenna.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Bogus, I did not realize you were a fellow Mountaineer.  Where were you from in the Mountain State?  I was born in Wheeling but grew up and have always lived on the Ohio side of the river in the Upper Ohio Valley/Tri-State region.  I guess you can honestly say you were born/raised in Almost Heaven and now what, live in God's Country (Oklahoma)?

I am pleasantly surprised by this signing.  She was born/raised in Parkersburg, West Virginia and attended Parkersburg South High.  She was twice named First Team All-OVAC (Ohio Valley Athletic Conference) Class "AAAAA" as well as Second Team All-West Virginia her Sophomore year and First Team All-West Virginia her Junior and Senior years.  At Charleston Southern University she was an All-Big South Freshman and can play the 3, 4 or 5 positions.  She is 6'1".  Hopefully she can contribute a lot to our program.

BTW, welcome to the program Makenna.

Born and raised in the Charleston area, graduating from Nitro High School before attending ORU.  I grew up with Kathy Mattea, if you're a C&W fan. Almost went to WVU and play in the Pride of WV, but ORU was cheaper at the time. 🤣 💰  I am looking forward to watching Makenna play this season.

• 4 weeks later...