Connor Dow

ORUTerry

Local player (Broken Arrow) whose father is a Pastor at Christian Chapel. Good shooter with size (6’6” or taller). Has offers from Toledo and South Dakota State so far. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Connor says his goals are to "pick up some Power 5 offers".  We probably need to move on...at least for now.

Rob

1 hour ago, ORob1 said:

Connor says his goals are to "pick up some Power 5 offers".  We probably need to move on...at least for now.

Rob

There's an assistant on practically every P5 staff in America who (late in the recruiting season after it becomes apparant which top-tier recruits he's going to land/not land) will examine the standing offers from schools such as ORU and decide whether or not to swoop in and supplement their class with players like Dow.

Which stinks, because they're poaching off the smaller schools recruiting time and money.  Reminds me of the old eBay auctions where your bid was good for days, only to have some vulture grab your prize out of the blue in the final seconds.

I'm guessing in this social media age that these kids are being influeced by coaches, family, contemporaries, and their own ambition to post EVERY SINGLE OFFER THEY GET in hopes of drawing that aforementioned P5 attention in the 11th hour...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Looking forward to Conner getting a redshirt and freshman season under his belt with the Cowboys before transferring to ORU! 

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

I had the same thought! 😂

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Looking forward to Conner getting a redshirt and freshman season under his belt with the Cowboys before transferring to ORU! 

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

Just what I was thinking!!😄😄🏀🏀 He'll be back!

Maybe he will surprise at OSU and be able to play at that level BUT  Boynton  will need to recruit much better for the Big 12. Wondering how much leeway he has for another below average season. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, darrenj said:

Maybe he will surprise at OSU and be able to play at that level BUT  Boynton  will need to recruit much better for the Big 12. Wondering how much leeway he has for another below average season. 

He needs to nab Castillo if he's going to have a chance.  The NIL opportunities will be the selling point.  He is attempting to recruit good, Oklahoma kids rather than getting the McDonald's All-Americans and other higher-tier players around the region.

17 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

He needs to nab Castillo if he's going to have a chance.  The NIL opportunities will be the selling point.  He is attempting to recruit good, Oklahoma kids rather than getting the McDonald's All-Americans and other higher-tier players around the region.

I bet his seat begins to get a little warm after this season. I think the Big 12 is the best basketball conference out there and he is going to have to really step it up if he wants to keep his job.