ORUTerry

We have six seniors listed on the current roster:

• Abmas
  • Thompson
  • Jurgens
  • Weaver
  • Lufile
  • Vanover

I think several of these players could petition the NCAA for an additional (Covid-related) season - but I doubt any of them will. In addiiton, Mwamba is listed as a red-shirt junior, but already played three seasons at UT-Arlington.

That means we have 6-7 open scholarship slots for next (2023-24) season. It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff fills these slots. How many high players vs. portal transfers. According to Verbal Commits web site, we have 20 offers out to high school players... link:  https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/oral-roberts

It is a good point, that ORU is losing a lot after this season.  They will most likely find a mixture of new players: some from the transfer portal, some freshman and maybe an international guy (another Lacis or Jurgens).

This coming season may be one of ORU's most important of all. Making a run in March could help us get some really good talent to  replace the ones we will be losing. I was recently in Spokane visiting my family and my brother in law mentioned that in the late 90's Gonzaga went thru the same growing pains that ORU is going thru now. We tend to notice the finished product and forgot the struggle it took to get there. It is exciting to see the upward trajectory that ORU is on!  Let's keep building brick upon brick and get to the next level!

• Like 2