ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

4 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

Jerry Palm of CBS has Duke #5 vs. ORU #12 in the South Region 

UPDATEDMar 06, 9:03am

A Duke match up would be awesome!  You can bet that game would be on CBS on Friday night with Grant Hill, Bill Raftey, and Jim Nance doing the play by play!  It would be a great opportunity for the Ealges.

• Like 1

I don't think that there is a team in the country that will relish playing Oral Roberts in the first or second game of the Dance.

• Upvote 1

Teams with great guard play and loaded with seniors are never fun to play against in the tournament. The difference is not many have a 7'5" guy like Vanover as well!:) Hopefully Max can get some rest and knee feels a little better next week and they can go on another run!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Different sites have ORU facing a variety of teams in the Big Dance.  No one really knows until Sunday but I just hope it is not St. Mary's again.  It would be good to face a new team and not the one the Eagles started the season with.

Out of the possible matchups though, St Mary’s might not be the most difficult opponent on a neutral floor.

Bring on St. Mary in a revenge game on a neutral floor....ORU can play with those guys especially after what I saw last night vs. Gonzaga....the Gaels have not looked very strong the past couple weeks.....👍

• Upvote 1

I'm not so sure that after last night's results maybe ORU has played themselves into an 11 (or higher?) seed or St. Marys has played its way out of a 5. They haven't looked great the last couple of weeks and getting blown out in the last game before the tournament can't help.

Plus I just hate mid-majors getting matched in a 1st round game.

If the committee had any guts they would match us with Duke. Talk about the entire country turning into ORU Nation for 2 hours 🦅🇺🇸

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

I'm not so sure that after last night's results maybe ORU has played themselves into an 11 (or higher?) seed or St. Marys has played its way out of a 5. They haven't looked great the last couple of weeks and getting blown out in the last game before the tournament can't help.

Plus I just hate mid-majors getting matched in a 1st round game.

If the committee had any guts they would match us with Duke. Talk about the entire country turning into ORU Nation for 2 hours 🦅🇺🇸

Yes, Duke or Kentucky would be epic.  Props to whoever it was that stated earlier on this forum re: a Duke match-up guaranteeing primetime coverage on CBS with a top-flight broadcast crew.

No TruTV at 2:30pm on Thursday, with two yahoos who can't properly pronounce "Abmas" and half the time refer to our big man as "Conover" (why do they all DO that?? - lol)

• Upvote 1

The ONLY drawback to the Sweet 16 run a couple of years back was playing in the bubble and not a full arena. One of the best things, when a small school underdog is playing against a 'big guy" in the NCAA tourney, is the experience of the entire arena cheering for the underdog to pull the "upset".

If you've ever been to an NCAA tourney game where the underdog is rolling, it truly is a special thing to behold, when 15,000 people with no affiliation to your team start rallying behind you. I hope Max and the Boys get to experience that. 

• Upvote 6

Where would be the best site for ORU?  Maybe Des Moines as it is most likely the closest to Tulsa and some fans/students could probaly drive up there.  Albany would almost be like going to Europe!Happy John Candy GIF by Laff

3 minutes ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

image.png.e48db5099c4cd36d5bc7773e8a9015de.png

Denver and Orlando have direct flights from Tulsa...

Denver would be the best spot for a large ORU contingent. Direct flights, reasonable drive, and a pretty sizeable alumni base in Colorado. 

But, we do have a couple of folks on here that would prefer B-Ham!

• Like 1

Orlando gets my vote. (In case the committee is listening.) 😄

As Coach said, "We don't like cold."

• Upvote 1

Anywhere but Albany - how did they muster a site selection?

I guess a train ride up the Hudson after landing in New York City would be cool, but man - just trying to get there from here on short notice...  💸💰💲

• Haha 1