ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

I'm Canadian, but that still looks beautiful! That is too precious! Where could you use that picture? Mug? Hoodie? There must be a way!

Absolutely unbelievable!! it shows what a truly special achievement this win was. All evening long while piddling with other things, I’ve had a song in my heart. Call me shallow if you will, but few things ignite those old cockles more than your team winning. And when the win is the successful achievement  of such a challenging task, that song in my heart is singing loudly! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Absolutely unbelievable!! it shows what a truly special achievement this win was. All evening long while piddling with other things, I’ve had a song in my heart. Call me shallow if you will, but few things ignite those old cockles more than your team winning. And when the win is the successful achievement  of such a challenging task, that song in my heart is singing loudly! 

No reason to apologize; we're all feeling it.

Which brings to mind a tantalizing question:  if the season ended RIGHT NOW, which has been more satisfying:

• The unexpected 3-week Summit League tournament championship and Sweet Sixteen run of 2021, OR
  • This 2022-23 regular season campaign in which ORU was picked to do wonderful things in October and then exceeded expectations over the following four months?

12 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Truth!!!

Can we get a t-shirt that says Summit League Champs and then 18-0 on the back?  Just a thought.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

No reason to apologize; we're all feeling it.

Which brings to mind a tantalizing question:  if the season ended RIGHT NOW, which has been more satisfying:

• The unexpected 3-week Summit League tournament championship and Sweet Sixteen run of 2021, OR
  • This 2022-23 regular season campaign in which ORU was picked to do wonderful things in October and then exceeded expectations over the following four months?

So far, the Sweet Sixteen year is still better for ORU overall and the short term excitement of being highlighted in the national stage is impossible to recreate. 

However, this season has been more personally satisfying for me. My calendar has revolved around ORU basketball and time for the message board. The excitement has continued to build for months and has been pure joy. The banter on this board has been fantastic and sustained. It’s a little slice of heaven in a fallen world. 

Let’s just end all comparisons by making a run in the big dance again, maybe farther this time.

• Upvote 5

2021 was a great two week run with big victories over SDSU, NDSU, OSU and Florida but the past 3 months of ORU roundball has just been a pleasure to watch....we will see what March brings but it has the potential to equal or exceed two years ago.....TheEagleman is just looking forward to the basking in the glow of 27-4 and 18-0 for the next 6 days before we take on Denver or UND.....#relaxandenjoy :tb-blue:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OKC Eagle said:

So far, the Sweet Sixteen year is still better for ORU overall and the short term excitement of being highlighted in the national stage is impossible to recreate. 

However, this season has been more personally satisfying for me. My calendar has revolved around ORU basketball and time for the message board. The excitement has continued to build for months and has been pure joy. The banter on this board has been fantastic and sustained. It’s a little slice of heaven in a fallen world. 

Let’s just end all comparisons by making a run in the big dance again, maybe farther this time.

I couldn't have expressed my feelings better.

• Like 3

Watched San Diego St. edge New Mexico last weekend......they are good but ORU can compete with them....Lobos should have won that game......TheEagleman would take a 12 seed vs. the Aztecs......bring it on! :tb-white:

11 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Watched San Diego St. edge New Mexico last weekend......they are good but ORU can compete with them....Lobos should have won that game......TheEagleman would take a 12 seed vs. the Aztecs......bring it on! :tb-white:

I've seen The Aztecs a couple times this year, they're tough. Would much rather get Northwestern in the 1st round! They are good, but the Big 10 is always overrated and as I recall... we've had good recent 1st round success against the Big 10!!! 

• Upvote 2

Most frequently mentioned 5-Seeds for a 12-Seed ORU, in approximate order:

• Miami
  • Creighton
  • St. Mary’s
  • Indiana
  • TCU
  • Iowa State
  • Duke
  • Kentucky
  • Northwestern