ORU Summer Basketball Camp

eagle88

I could be wrong but I really think we will be considerably better on defense next year!

Here is a picture of my 2 oldest grandsons Jaxon and Brock and their friend Riggs. The other guy is ORU’s newest addition to the coaching staff Mike Herrington!

4E1B8439-9122-4905-8A5B-5184DB5BA700.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Sir Isaac. Demari Williams arrives this Friday and I hear he has a huge wing span and can really defend!

I think Williams will be the best defensive player on the team next season. 

• Like 2

Can you get a picture of Big Maple (Lufile) and Plastic Man (Connor) standing side by side?  That would be interesting.  Thanks for the pictures eagle88

You’re welcome. I would get you that picture but Big Maple is up in Canada visiting his family. When he gets back I will work on getting you one! Big Maple told me a few weeks ago Connor is a handful on defense.

• Upvote 1

When Connor was at Arkansas they often did some interesting photo shoots with him.  They put Connor with a guy named Chris Lykes, who is only 5'7, which is a throwback to the old picture with Mogus Boges (5'3) and Manute Bol (7'7)!   Coach Muss also took a picture with Connor next to a height chart.  It seems that Connor was close to 7'5 with his shoes on.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

I never thought I'd see anyone a full head taller than DJ... Wow!

Holy Cow!  I didn’t look closely enough at that pic to notice DJ in the line up. That’s a lot of height that Coach can stash on the bench!

(I know it’s time to let this go for awhile)

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Holy Cow!  I didn’t look closely enough at that pic to notice DJ in the line up. That’s a lot of height that Coach can stash on the bench!

(I know it’s time to let this go for awhile)

Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

• Haha 1

Bo comes to Connor’s waist and McBride not even to his shoulder!

D613C3A6-1F31-4DC9-B817-C1FB38B284CC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I would venture that Connor has posed for 10,000 or more photos in his short life; it’s great that he appears very accommodating.

Not easy being an involuntary celebrity; particularly in this age of camera phones and social media.  The cliche comments must become tedious.

I’m reminded of the t-shirt that former ORU 7-footer John Hollinden wore back in the day:

The front said “YES I PLAY BASKETBALL”

The back said “THE WEATHER UP HERE IS JUST FINE”

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

I talked with Patrick yesterday and he told me he played with one of Eli Lufile’s brothers on the Congo National team. Patrick is very confident and said his 2 big strengths are shooting the 3 and yes OT defense which we all know is much needed. This video shows Patrick teaching Cam a technique on how not to get the ball knocked out of his hand. On my final video take Cam was starting to get it!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3