2022 D1 Baseball Tournament

Otis 83

Arkansas still on a roll after smoking Stanford in their first CWS game.....Hogs vs. Ole Miss tonight.....OU also still unbeaten.....hard to believe.....🥺

• Like 1

Rebels having BBQ pork tonight in Omaha. I'm liking this and will continue to pull for Ole Miss. It would be nice to say we beat the National Champions.... 

ORAL ROBERTS           8

NATIONAL CHAMPS    4

...would make a nice T-shirt. 

• Like 2

I love that...and TheEagleman really loved the Razorbacks getting smoked by Ole Miss especially the part where the Arkansas starter couldnt get out of the first inning...looks like OU and Mississippi have the upper hand at this stage...😎

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

...looks like OU and Mississippi have the upper hand at this stage...😎

Both teams that have an “L” in their record provided by ORU.  👍

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

I love that...and TheEagleman really loved the Razorbacks getting smoked by Ole Miss especially the part where the Arkansas starter couldn't get out of the first inning...looks like OU and Mississippi have the upper hand at this stage...😎

I was watching the game while grilling some chicken for the family.  Kyle Peterson said that in 20 something CWS games this was the first time an Arkansas starter didn't make it out of the first inning.  

I'm definitely pulling for Ole Miss.  Not just because we beat them but because I have a large amount of sports hatred for virtually every other team in the CWS.  Definitely for all of the teams in the top bracket.

By the way, I think Kyle Peterson does a really good job on college baseball games.  He does his research and makes insightful observations.  He also does the Little League World Series and I think he does a fine job on that event as well.  Neither of these events are necessarily big time but Peterson takes them seriously and when a kid makes a great play he gives them their due as if they were in the major leagues and I think that's a classy move.

• Like 2

TheEagleman is still making some calls but i have it on good authority that with the temps hovering around mid 90s in Omaha and Arkansas getting smoked early that beer sales set an all time record for a CWS game last night.....Hog fans drowning their sorrows....🍺🍺🍺

Watching the A&M/Notre Dame game and in unique circumstance for me I'm actually pulling for the Aggies.  I have more sports hate for the Irish than I do for the Aggies.  Aggies have already chased the ND starter and are up 3-0 but their lead should actually be more than that.  

Anyway, why the heck does the NCAA allow Notre Dame to wear those stupid metallic batting helmets?  I know from my son playing select baseball, that pitchers aren't allowed to wear sunglasses because the reflection could distract the batter.  Those stupid shiny helmets are arching on my TV.  Certainly a bright reflection of the sun off those helmets has got to be a distraction to someone trying to make a play.

Actually I know the answer.  The NCAA let's Notre Dame do whatever it wants.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Watching the A&M/Notre Dame game and in unique circumstance for me I'm actually pulling for the Aggies.  I have more sports hate for the Irish than I do for the Aggies.  Aggies have already chased the ND starter and are up 3-0 but their lead should actually be more than that.  

Anyway, why the heck does the NCAA allow Notre Dame to wear those stupid metallic batting helmets?  I know from my son playing select baseball, that pitchers aren't allowed to wear sunglasses because the reflection could distract the batter.  Those stupid shiny helmets are arching on my TV.  Certainly a bright reflection of the sun off those helmets has got to be a distraction to someone trying to make a play.

Actually I know the answer.  The NCAA let's Notre Dame do whatever it wants.  

See how you answered that all by yourself? 

Didn't really need anyone's help on that gimme, didja?

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

See how you answered that all by yourself? 

Didn't really need anyone's help on that gimme, didja?

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

Yea I've been known to try to hide a rant inside of a question I already know  the answer to.

• Upvote 1

Aggie pitcher putting on a breaking ball clinic.

Five teams left in the CWS, and four are from the SEC.  If there was ever a question as to where the balance of power lies in NCAA baseball, that question has been emphatically answered.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Five teams left in the CWS, and four are from the SEC.  If there was ever a question as to where the balance of power lies in NCAA baseball, that question has been emphatically answered.

Four current SEC schools and one (of two) pending SEC members.

Domination presently and future...ly (words are hard).

TheEagleman not pleased that Arkansas beat Auburn last night......but hopefully Ole Miss will eliminate the Hogs tonight....send them and their fans home.....will have to beat the Rebels twice....looks like OU is about to send A&M packing......⚾

Hogs win again last night as Ole Miss blows a bases loaded opportunity in the bottom of the 9th.....rubber match is this afternoon on ESPN with the winner facing OU in the best of 3 final.....this has been some really good college baseball....how cool will it be if Ole Miss wins and then we can say ORU has been both final teams?.....TheEagleman would love it!! :shield-logo:

• Like 1

Ole Miss up 1-0 going into the bottom of the 6th. Both teams playing really well including nice work from each pitcher. These two teams are very evenly matched. 

Ole Miss advances vs. OU...Arkansas fans can go back to their shanties... 😎

The last team in is in the finals. That is the equivalent of the power 5 school in the playin game making it to the championship game. Quite a story. That Ole Miss pitcher was exceptional. He throws a complete game shut out with 7 Ks. 

Oklahoma is LOVING that the stud Ole Miss pitcher will probably be out of commission (or at least severely limited) for the upcoming championship series.

• Upvote 1