2022 D1 Baseball Tournament

Otis 83

I'm starting a new thread in order to keep general tournament talk separate from our regional talk.  It seemed like the "prediction" thread isn't an intuitive place for that conversation.  Hope that helps.

My Google ORU baseball news feed sent me the odds to win the tournament from Fan Duels.  Posting here at the risk of setting off another gambling rant 😇.  I don't gamble but I love numbers and I find odds and spreads fascinating.  I'm not going to bore you with all 64.  I went through the regional hosts and then I added the good guys at the bottom.  Teams not hosting a regional are in bold.  No guarantee on the accuracy of my data.  You can find the whole set of odds here.

I wasn't surprised to see Texas so high.  I knew there was a reason that I didn't like the speculation of us being sent to Austin.  I don't have a statistically significant sample size (thank you Debra Oltman) but every time I saw Texas play they looked really good. 

Interesting that the Aggies rank on this list is below their national seeding.  By the bold text you can see that there are a number of teams the odds makers like better than the selection committee.  

I also found it interesting that Arkansas is coming to Stillwater but the Pigs and the Pokes both have the same odds.

2022 College World Series Odds

Team Odds
Tennessee 250
Oregon State 900
Stanford 1200
Texas 1500
LSU 1800
Virginia Tech 1800
Miami FL 2000
Oklahoma State 2500
Arkansas 2500
Texas A&M 2500
Virginia 2500
Louisville 3000
Notre Dame 3000
North Carolina 3500
Vanderbilt 3500
So Mississippi 4000
Florida 4000
Wake Forest 4000

Oral Roberts 35000

Presenting this data is for entertainment purposes only and is not provided in order to facilitate actual wagering.  If you think you have a gambling problem please seek help.

• Upvote 2

Missouri St. late comeback vs. Grand Canyon last night was amazing...Bears get a shot at OSU today in the losers bracket. TheEagleman hoping somebody beats Arkansas at Stillwater....😬

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Missouri St. late comeback vs. Grand Canyon last night was amazing...Bears get a shot at OSU today in the losers bracket. TheEagleman hoping somebody beats Arkansas at Stillwater....😬

Same here Eagleman.  I think OSU has a shot to get out of this regional.  They have the pitching depth to get out of the regional via the losers bracket although it wasn't on display last night.

I found it interesting that Air Force eliminated Dallas Baptist.

Wild game: OSU trailed Missiouri St. 12-0 after 4 innings but now leads 24-15 in the 9th!

Pokes have put up 27 vs. Missouri St so far today....so despite giving up 15 they still lead by a dozen....geez....😬

The play by play guy said that game went so long there wouldn’t be time for on field bp before the night cap but the Pokes already had their bp. 😜

OSU outlasts the Hogs last night with 14 runs for a total of 43 on the day....geez.....the rubber match for the Stillwater Regional will be on ESPN tonight.....GO POKES!!! ⚾

I've mentioned before that my best friend from high school is a Life Long Poke.  We were texting this morning and I told him a good old fashioned 6 hit, two run effort from the pitching staff wouldn't be a bad idea.  🙂

There are 10 elimination games today including:  3 seeds Coastal Carolina, Michigan, VCU and Ole Miss.  4 seed Air Force advanced to the first elimination game after dispatching with Dallas Baptist and Louisiana Tech. 

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

There are 10 elimination games today including:  3 seeds Coastal Carolina, Michigan, VCU and Ole Miss.  4 seed Air Force advanced to the first elimination game after dispatching with Dallas Baptist and Louisiana Tech. 

Go Falcons!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORob1 said:

Go Falcons!

Rob,

Air Force advanced to the elimination game yesterday but was unable to force the “if necessary” game which is why I had them in a separate sentence. Probably not my best writing. 

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2022

• Haha 1

The conference affiliation of the 32 teams that advanced to regional championship games are a pretty good reflection of the “power-base” of the sport.

SEC - 8

ACC - 6

Big12 - 5

Pac12 - 4

SunBelt - 2

Seven conferences were represented by one team, including the BigTen.

TheEagleman is disappointed that Arkansas has advanced to the Super Regionals with their 7-3 victory over OSU last night.....watched some of the game and the Pokes just couldn't get the big hit especially in the 8th with the bases loaded and only 1 out.....back to back Ks.....Hogs now head to North Carolina for a best of 3 series with the Tar Heels......they could win.....🥺

Well....Arkansas is in the CWS with a sweep of UNC.....Texas A&M has also advanced and anybody else shocked that Notre Dame has eliminated #1 Tennessee??....😮

5 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Well....Arkansas is in the CWS with a sweep of UNC.....Texas A&M has also advanced and anybody else shocked that Notre Dame has eliminated #1 Tennessee??....😮

Just happy they did!⚾

ORU has played 3 of the participants in this year's CWS...Texas A&M, Oklahoma and Mississippi and actually has defeated the latter two with a combined record of 2-4 vs. those 3 teams......Ole Miss opens up vs. Auburn and OU has drawn Texas A&M in the first match ups......⚾

• Upvote 1

Would someone please ask the communications department to put something else on the front page of the website other than the baseball team. Those guys have been praying for a long time.