Local ORU (Sports) Coverage

ORob1

A quick question for you locals…Is there a local news channel you prefer for ORU sports coverage?  I have a hokey Firestick app that allows me to stream “regional locals”. I tried tonight to catch each of the very brief sports segments to see what was said about the baseball regionals. FOX (KOKI) actually showed our guys reaction to the College Station assignment and a few seconds of a random game. The only other station that I saw that mentioned NCAA baseball, covered OSU & OU and then managed to squeeze in an “oh, by the way, ORU is also in the tourney and headed to College Station.”  It was either KTUL or KOTV. I also have access to KJRH & WYZZ…my question is, under normal circumstances, is there a particular channel that does a better job covering ORU?  Since all the sports segments are on at almost the exact same time, is there one I should try watch over the others?  

Rob

14 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

A quick question for you locals…Is there a local news channel you prefer for ORU sports coverage?  I have a hokey Firestick app that allows me to stream “regional locals”. I tried tonight to catch each of the very brief sports segments to see what was said about the baseball regionals. FOX (KOKI) actually showed our guys reaction to the College Station assignment and a few seconds of a random game. The only other station that I saw that mentioned NCAA baseball, covered OSU & OU and then managed to squeeze in an “oh, by the way, ORU is also in the tourney and headed to College Station.”  It was either KTUL or KOTV. I also have access to KJRH & WYZZ…my question is, under normal circumstances, is there a particular channel that does a better job covering ORU?  Since all the sports segments are on at almost the exact same time, is there one I should try watch over the others?  

Rob

Nope, they're all about the same.

It's all about whatever video they can shoot that particular day/evening, and rest assured ANYTHING involving OU or OSU (in that order) is going to run first and longer due to their bigger viewer numbers.

If it makes you feel any better, TU hardly gets mentioned for ANYTHING anymore, except a little bit during football season.

KJRH was the only one I saw at the watch party today.  They had decent coverage tonight.

7 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Nope, they're all about the same.

It's all about whatever video they can shoot that particular day/evening, and rest assured ANYTHING involving OU or OSU (in that order) is going to run first and longer due to their bigger viewer numbers.

If it makes you feel any better, TU hardly gets mentioned for ANYTHING anymore, except a little bit during football season.

ORU doesn't do it's sports show anymore?

1 hour ago, jmg1984 said:

I believe they do, I was just wanting to watch Tulsa sports coverage and wondered who did the best job covering our guys.  

Rob

• Like 1

KOTV used to give good coverage of ORU sports but honestly I don’t really watch local news much anymore.

1 hour ago, ORU40 said:

Rob, that's easy.

The best place to find out what is really going with our teams is the "ORU Sports Forum"!!

Go Eagles!!

No doubt!  What was I thinking?  It would have been nice though-to be able to tune in to the local 10PM news cast and see a few highlights after a nice ORU win.  Sounds like that's not going to happen, so I'll continue to settle for my local sports featuring Alabama/Auburn and of course our new double A baseball/Angels affiliate...The Rocket City Trash Pandas!  It'll have to do, I suppose.

image.png.90bea88b5312e3d654285636fc5e15e0.pngimage.png.506f1f179cc7bdc65c2c810220136125.png

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MrsSmith said:

Channel 8 (KTUL) had some good coverage tonight.

Noted. Thanks!

On 5/31/2022 at 6:34 AM, jmg1984 said:

If they do I've never been able to find it.  On the ORU Sports Network the only show I could find was the replay of The Paul Mills show audio only.  I really enjoyed that back in the day.