ORU at Omaha

theeagleman5

2nd Place ORU visits 3rd Place Omaha in an important Summit League series starting Friday Night.....Good Guys are 1 game behind in the loss column to NDSU and 2 games ahead of the Mavs and SDSU.....this series will help decide the seeding at JLJ in 2 weeks and we will still likely play Omaha or SDSU .....it appears as if the four combatants are settled....NDSU, ORU, Omaha and SDSU.....honestly its a real toss up....any of the four could win.....hopefully ORU starts bringing the A game to the diamond every game......no excuse for not winning the Summit League Tournament in Tulsa....Go Blue!   :tb-blue:

Nice summary @TheRealEagleman! 

Looks like free streaming of the game might be available at omavs.com.  I can watch the replay of their recent game with SDSU without contending with a paywall so hopefully that is true for live events as well.

The good folks at the University of Omaha have scheduled fireworks after the game Friday.  I'd like to see fireworks coming from the ORU bats so that the Mavericks faithful are too downtrodden to enjoy the postgame show.  Go Golden Eagles!

• Like 1

Slow day at work…wishing we were playing an afternoon game today. 🤓

Otis, My Man!!!....agree with you completely....we just had a company outdoor picnic here in downtown Philly and TheEagleman had two too many beers.....i am about ready to go home for the day.....🍺

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman had two too many beers.....i am about ready to go home for the day.....🍺

On a subway or train I hope… 😳

Seinfeld Subway GIF by HULU

Nothing stronger than diet Mountain Dew for Otis this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

On a subway or train I hope… 😳

Seinfeld Subway GIF by HULU

I'm not sure the train goes all the way to Holland.  Hopefully the Eagleman slept at the office before driving home to Bucks County 😜

Lol...TheEagleman grabbed a ride in town with my boss today...so all is good...no drinking and driving...ever....and may need a few more cocktails after that ORU loss tonight....😬

2 straight innings with 2 runners on yet no runs. 

Heading to extra innings....still 0-0......great pitching by Smith and Denton.....bad hitting by the whole team.....but hats off to Omaha pitching also......:shield-logo:   VS. :omaha:

ORU has left 9 on base - just need to get at least one across!

Headed to the 11th...

Finally get one across on a wild pitch. 🤣

Still batting in the 11th...

FINAL....ORU 2  Omaha 0 in 11 innings......both runs score on WPs.....great relief pitching by Denton to get the win...he's got like 24 scoreless innings in a row......and a wonderful start for Smith.....big win for the Good Guys.....need to get the series on Sunday.....GO BLUE!!!....:tb-white:

• Like 1

The good guys win the rubber match today 9-0.  Isaac Coffey pitches another gem.  8 innings, 97 pitches, 2 hits, 71% of his pitches were strikes.  In his last 3 starts a total of 22 innings and exactly 1 run.  @theeagleman5would you please let the young man out of your dog house?  🤣

Great to see the Golden Eagles bring a complete game today.  Now let's beat those Cornhuskers!

• Like 1

Well well....looks like Isaac Coffey has really hit his stride here in the past few weeks....another gem today and so TheEagleman has to admit the Coffey could be our #1 or #2 guy heading into the Tournament....he along with Legend Smith give ORU a tremendous 1-2 punch here late in the season.....also some timely hitting today as ORU maintains 2nd place in the Summit....looks like ORU could end up playing our opponent next weekend SDSU in the first round at JLJ.....but still 3 league games to be played so let's see how it shakes out......TheEagleman is feeling a bit better after taking 2 of 3 on the road this weekend.....GO BLUE!!! 🍺

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let's all welcome "michelle the bot" to the forum