Connor Vanover

ORUTerry

Connor and KO's team wins the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament.  ORU basketball shines again.  We need to be showing this to ALL our potential recruits that you really can make it to the next level if you want to work hard and be the best at your craft.

This picture below really does show that Connor is outstanding in his group! 🤣

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, he’s still eligible as a transfer apparently. I think others have said this, but to me transferring doesn’t make sense for him. If he wants to play another year of college, then he should just come back to the only school that has showcased his skill set for the NBA.

That said, I would think he’ll get a shot with an NBA team, even if he’s not drafted, due to his size and shooting ability. 

7 hours ago, Idig32 said:

So, he’s still eligible as a transfer apparently. I think others have said this, but to me transferring doesn’t make sense for him. If he wants to play another year of college, then he should just come back to the only school that has showcased his skill set for the NBA.

That said, I would think he’ll get a shot with an NBA team, even if he’s not drafted, due to his size and shooting ability. 

One question might be whether ORU offers a graduate degree that Connor would want to pursue.

On 5/6/2023 at 8:28 AM, Idig32 said:

Potentially making more money from NIL in college, as opposed to playing in a second-or-third-level league in Europe while running the risk of getting stranded by another pandemic, makes a lot of sense to me.

But be assured:  there is absolutely zero chance of Connor being drafted by an NBA team.  It would be very surprising for him to even get an invite to the NBA summer league as an unattached free agent.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

But be assured:  there is absolutely zero chance of Connor being drafted by an NBA team.  It would be very surprising for him to even get an invite to the NBA summer league as an unattached free agent.

I agree the chances of him being drafted are zero, but the NBA has a history of teams taking flyers on guys with Vanover’s size, especially as undrafted free agents on non-guaranteed contracts. Tacko Fall, Boban Marjonavic, and Sim Bhullar, are some recent names that come to mind. Of course, I’m sure there are others who were just as tall and the NBA wasn’t interested at all. Also, the track record of guys like that sticking around in the NBA is pretty bad. It just seems like every few years there’s a team that can’t resist signing up an undrafted guy with rare size, hoping to turn him into the next Yao Ming. 

24 minutes ago, Idig32 said:

agree the chances of him being drafted are zero, but the NBA has a history of teams taking flyers on guys with Vanover’s size, especially as undrafted free agents on non-guaranteed contracts. Tacko Fall, Boban Marjonavic, and Sim Bhullar, are some recent names that come to mind

I agree. I think some NBA team might take a flyer on Connor. It never hurts to bring a 7'5" guy in for a workout.,