Connor Vanover

ORUTerry

6 hours ago, Old Titan said:

We played the razorbacks with Joe my junior year, he's a great guy! But as was the custom in that era when a small forward like myself wandered into the lane Joe would give you a little forearm, elbow, or hip reminder to move on! If Conner can and will send those messages half as well as Joe did we will be much better in the paint this year!!  

On 6/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, Keenan Henderson said:

Just made it up since Connor looks very stretchable like Plastic Man. Be free to come up with other nicknames for him.

I like Stretch Armstrong a little better...Stretch for short.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Connor the Condor, patrolling the paint near you!

200.gif

Condor's have a killer wingspan!

California condors' wingspan is around 10 ft, with claims that they can grow to 11 ft. The California condor is the largest flying bird in North America...

• Upvote 1

I like both your names. Stretch may get the nod from me, based on Connor wanting to play more of a stretch role and shoot the long ball. Hopefully he will be knocking those down at the 39% rate and earn the name. 
however, if max can share some of those how to increase your vertical tips, and Connor is flying around swatting shots with some hops(which I don’t think he has a lot of currently), then the Condor moniker will be more fitting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a shot in the dark but have an idea for Connor.  OKC just drafted Chet Holmgren, who is a razor thin 7-footer, only weighs 195 pounds. Maybe Coach Springmann, who worked with the Thunder, could set up a meeting between the two and Connor could learn a few things from Chet.  Hey, it could not hurt.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Maybe a shot in the dark but have an idea for Connor.  OKC just drafted Chet Holmgren, who is a razor thin 7-footer, only weighs 195 pounds. Maybe Coach Springmann, who worked with the Thunder, could set up a meeting between the two and Connor could learn a few things from Chet.  Hey, it could not hurt.  

Conner is 23 years old and is now with his third D1 team as he’s fought to improve his game and earn playing time.

Holmgren is just 19 and had the benefit of playing as a freshman with one of the most talented rosters in college basketball last year. 

I imagine Conner might have more to offer in the way of practical advice than the other way around; he’s certainly had more college coaching. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone watching NBA Summer League basketball?  Last night they had Kenneth Lofton (6'7 285) going against Chet Holmgren (7'1 200) in a matchup of rookies.  It reminded me of Lufile vs Connor in a blue/gold game.  Lofton took Holmgren to the cleaners: posting 19 points and 6 rebounds. He just bullied him around the basket.

Holmgren also had 23 points, 6 blocks, made 4 3-pointers, and had some assists as well.  He will get pushed around when he gives up 85 pounds to someone.  OKC will need another big man next to him that can handle big bodies.  

If we have Lufile next to Vanover, then Lufile can handle any big man in the Summit League.  However, if Vanover is out there as the only big man, we could be vulnerable to being pushed around.  Player rotations with the big men could be specific to the strengths of the opponents.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a thought: is Connor the tallest player in college basketball?  Could be.  I have seen a few guys around 7'2 listed on rosters this year but no one 7'3 or taller.  Plastic Man must be at least tied for the tallest player in the NCAA's.

Quick research shows that actually he is third behind WKU's Sharpe (7'5) and Purdue's Zach Edy (7'4).

• 1 month later...

How much can we get away with giving him in an NIL deal if he agrees to go through an entire interview answering every question with “I am Groot”??

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Connor and KO's team won the Portsmith tournament with a 3-0 record.  The big guy averaged about 11 points and 6 rebounds during the tournament.  Connor should be drafted in the G League draft, as Lufile was last year.