2022-23 Roster

ORUalum

With all the recent additions and subtractions, a look at how the roster currently stands....(I think)

• Cam Amboree (HS Signee)
  • Demari Williams (Transfer - ASU)
  • Sir Isaac Herron
  • Elijah Lawrence (walk-on)
  • Nate Clover
  • Patrick Mwamba (Transfer - UTA)
  • Trey Phipps
  • Isaac McBride
  • Kareem Thompson
  • DJ Weaver
  • Carlos Jurgens
  • Eli Lufile

Eligibility remaining: Max Abmas, Francis Lacis

Did I miss anyone???  

• Like 1

Wondering at what point you (anyone) feel comfortable enough to add Max on the official list.

Don't want to jinx it!  😬

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Wondering at what point you (anyone) feel comfortable enough to add Max on the official list.

Don't want to jinx it!  😬

I say... put Max on there until he takes himself off! 😎

And, take Lacis off the list until he reinstates himself (by being acknowledged at Senior Night, he has made his intentions known.  Of course, he can always reverse that decision!).

Man we got some kids that play ball! It will be a dog fight to earn a starting position! 

Might be tough for Trey to find the floor against all that length and athleticism?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, vcboy2000 said:

Might be tough for Trey to find the floor against all that length and athleticism?

No different than last year when they still played him anyway.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It will be interesting to see who graduates on Saturday.  Of course Lacis but DJ and Carlos have also been at ORU for four years, as they redshirted in the 19-20 season.  May or may not effect their status with the basketball team.  Most of us probaly remember that two years ago, RJ Fuqua Jr. graduated early and then decided to leave the team and look for work.  Hopefully graduation does not effect the roster next year.

Don't forget Kevin Obanor, who graduated last year before he left for Texas Tech.

• Like 1

Congrats to the three graduates: DJ, Carlos, and Francis!  Winners on and off the court!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Congrats to the three graduates: DJ, Carlos, and Francis!  Winners on and off the court!

And, for those keeping score at home, Eli graduated last May.  

Eli is working on his MBA and should get it next spring.

We can add 7-3 Connor to that list. Will be interesting to see how he fairs in the summit versus the SEC.

• Cam Amboree (HS Signee)
  • Demari Williams (Transfer - ASU)
  • Sir Isaac Herron
  • Elijah Lawrence (walk-on)
  • Patrick Mwamba (Transfer - UTA)
  • Trey Phipps
  • Isaac McBride
  • Connor Vanover (Transfer - Arkansas)
  • Kareem Thompson
  • DJ Weaver
  • Carlos Jurgens
  • Eli Lufile

Most years ORU is fortunate to have 7-8 good players. So far with our current roster we have 11 good players and I have heard that Elijah Lawrence is a good player and a better than average walk on. If this year's team chemistry meshes and players learn their role no telling how far we can go! I love to see how Mills and his staff are growing the program!

• Upvote 1

What does our current depth chart look like? As we await that “13th” , where do we need a player to fill a gap?

Let’s see, our incoming players consist of a 6’2” scoring point guard (Amboree), a 6’6” shooting guard (Williams), a 6’7” small forward (Mwamba) and a 7’3” center (Vanover)…

I would like to see another post player… say 6’9” or taller. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Let’s see, our incoming players consist of a 6’2” scoring point guard (Amboree), a 6’6” shooting guard (Williams), a 6’7” small forward (Mwamba) and a 7’3” center (Vanover)…

I would like to see another post player… say 6’9” or taller. 

I agree, although Vanover is 7'3" and adds height and length, he wants to hang out at the 3 point line and shoot 3's and has averaged 3 rebounds over his career. We lose Lacis who although not a consistent scorer was probably our best inside defender that always was matched up against a bigger guy and would bang on the boards. We need to add inside size and toughness!  Over the past 2 seasons we have lost KO and Lacis so we have an acute need for additional inside size and willingness to mix it up on the glass.  

• Upvote 4