Demari Williams

ORUTerry

16 hours ago, ORUalum said:

these powder blues w/an old school arched white O-R-U and red flame would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

12 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Bring back the flame!!

30 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Bring back the flame! Please let our alternate jersey this year be a bit retro with a flame included somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

OwensUMKC1Dunk.jpg

It's been a while but these used to be in rotation....

#bringbacktheflame

Larry Owens was a player!  The old school afro with the throwback gear was on point!  Man do I miss him, Caleb Green and Ken Tutt on the same team...

Bring Back the Flame!  It's supposed to be ETERNAL! 😉

Rob

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

OwensUMKC1Dunk.jpg

It's been a while but these used to be in rotation....

I'd love to see a variation of these this coming year. How many people bought Max's jersey this year? These retro jerseys would sell like hotcakes. 

We bought 3 so here is the starting number! So cool to see good D1 players take a serious look at ORU! It really feels like our stock is rising and with the new additions to the athletic facilities they should continue to rise. The biggest thing I hear about recruits that visit ORU is that they like the "family feel"! That is an intangible that can be invaluable!

• Upvote 3

Really like Demari as a player. 4 years of eligibility and lots of potential. Going to ASU he was touted as a 6'6'' PG. Maybe Demari and Cameron can be our starting backcourt of the future?

With a little editing of the last couple seconds, this video still has run (watch at the 40 second mark where ORU is the "right" choice) https://twitter.com/Demari_2/status/1301944132609294336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1301944132609294336|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.azcentral.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fcollege%2Fasu%2F2020%2F09%2F04%2Fasu-basketball-recruiting-demari-williams-commits-sun-devils%2F5718583002%2F

On 4/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, ORUTerry said:

Cameron also seems to wear the #2 in high school. Either these guys need to play a round of HORSE in the new practice facility for the number, or one of them just has to go with the #1 option.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, Ting said:

Cameron also seems to wear the #2 in high school. Either these guys need to play a round of HORSE in the new practice facility for the number, or one of them just has to go with the #1 option.

KAREEM THOMPSON wears #2!!!  They probably both need to choose another number...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m really excited about Demari. I don’t have anything to go on other than a gut feeling, but I think he can be a stud in the summit league. His build makes me optimistic that he can match up with the big, bruising guards that we have had trouble playing against in the past several years. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looked up his stats at Dream City Christian and found some interesting facts: he played along Sharpe (Kentucky signee, who is a possible top five pick in the upcoming NBA draft).  Now it was during the Covid season, so they only played a few games.  In six games, Sharpe averaged 21 and Williams scored 13 points a night.  Not saying he is as good as Sharpe but he has played with some strong talent in high school.  It seemed like an all star high school team as they also had a guy named Arthur Kalma, who played at Creighton last year.  Their high school team sounds like they could have beaten some D1 teams!

Williams is listed at 6'7 and 218 pounds, so he could probaly play the 2-4 postions next year.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had a thought to look and see if Williams played in Arizona State's exhibition game last year.  He did actually play for five minutes against St. Katherina's and scored two points with no other stats.  Had a little too much time on my hands and could not sleep tonight (hide the women and children) Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

• Haha 1