Demari Williams

ORUTerry

I know I posted this elsewhere, but Demari deserves his own thread….

It looks like ORU recurited him out of high school ( near Houston,Texas).  He was rated by 24/7 as a three star player and they ranked him 184 in their 2021 class.  He is ORU's highest recurit by .16 over Jamie Bergens (OT will love that one).  Another small forward, along with Patrick M.  As usually ORU is going small ball.

what was Demari's production like last year at ASU? Was he red shirted because I don't see any stats for him.

1 hour ago, dave said:

what was Demari's production like last year at ASU? Was he red shirted because I don't see any stats for him.

Redshirt. 

5 hours ago, Ting said:

I could be wrong but @ 3:11 in this video it looks like Elijah Lawrence passes to Demari at the top of the key who then feeds the big in the post

Dude's been a bit of a wandering soul the past few seasons, changing high schools and now one year in college before seeking greener pastures.

Paul Mills has an excellent track record of keeping the guys that he wants (Kevin Obanor the glaring exception), unlike so many other Summit League schools since the portal appeared. 

Will be interesting to see how Demari fares at ORU, immediately and over time.

He is a talented guy who can do a variety of things: score inside and outside, run the break, and guard multiple positions.  I would think Coach Mills will bring him along slowly, unless the Eagles have some injuries, much like he did with Sir Isaac last year.  In time, Demari can be a good player for ORU.  

Is this kid an immediate starter at ORU??...:circle-logoi:

He is still a freshman, who has never played in a college game.  So, until we see him under the bright lights, then who knows how good he is.  If 8 out of the top 9 guys return (which is the current state), it would be surprising to see him become an immediate starter.  By his sophomore year, sure he could be a starter.

19 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

these powder blues w/an old school arched white O-R-U and red flame would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

these powder blues w/an old school arched white O-R-U and red flame would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bring back the flame!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Bring back the flame!!

He’s a chip off the ol’ block! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bring back the flame! Please let our alternate jersey this year be a bit retro with a flame included somewhere. 

12 hours ago, ORob2 said:

Bring back the flame!!

28 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Bring back the flame! Please let our alternate jersey this year be a bit retro with a flame included somewhere. 

OwensUMKC1Dunk.jpg

It's been a while but these used to be in rotation....