New Head Coach

titansforever

Personally, I really like Misti - and greatly appreciate her steadfast commitment to my alma mater over the past 20+ years.  That said, the WBB program has stagnated in recent years, and I am not surprised by this change.  I was hopeful that the 21-22 season would be the beginning of a turnaround, with Keni Jo and Regan returning for an extra COVID year, the incoming transfer of the reigning WAC player of the year, and the recruitment of an exciting freshman class (including the Moore sisters).  Unfortunately, the final results were little different from previous years.  While the USD and SDSU programs are both solid, there is no reason why ORU can't rise to a similar level and be competitive in the Summit - and beyond.  I'm optimistic that a change in leadership will help move the ORU WBB program in that direction.

One thing is for sure: Tim Johnson is not hesitant to shake things up...

TheEagleman also not surprised at this move and agree that Coach Cussen was a class act on and off the court...Best wishes and God Bless Misti in her future endeavors.....:shield-logo:

Heads are rolling in ORU Sports programs that have not been successful over the past several years.....Baseball better make an NCAA appearance this season or we could see some activity over there also......😬

• Like 1

Yet, we gave the men's coach, with basically the same winning percentage an 8-year extension and big raise.

I'm hopeful that Buttigieg Jr. gets his wish and gets out of ORU, asap. Phony as a 3 dollar bill. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Personally, I really like Misti - and greatly appreciate her steadfast commitment to my alma mater over the past 20+ years.  That said, the WBB program has stagnated in recent years, and I am not surprised by this change.  I was hopeful that the 21-22 season would be the beginning of a turnaround, with Keni Jo and Regan returning for an extra COVID year, the incoming transfer of the reigning WAC player of the year, and the recruitment of an exciting freshman class (including the Moore sisters).  Unfortunately, the final results were little different from previous years.  While the USD and SDSU programs are both solid, there is no reason why ORU can't rise to a similar level and be competitive in the Summit - and beyond.  I'm optimistic that a change in leadership will help move the ORU WBB program in that direction.

One thing is for sure: Tim Johnson is not hesitant to shake things up...

Yes the was a nice person always had time for me when I came into town.  She represented the Univ well. God bless her future💪🙏

8 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Yet, we gave the men's coach, with basically the same winning percentage an 8-year extension and big raise.

I'm hopeful that Buttigieg Jr. gets his wish and gets out of ORU, asap. Phony as a 3 dollar bill. 

Who is Buttiqieq?

Fondest memory of Misti:  not being to guard her in pick-up games on the Mabee Center floor 20+ years ago. Her pull-up 15-footer was strong!

Love her to death; but the change was needed.

Hopefully will be win-win result for all parties involved a couple of years from now. 

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Fondest memory of Misti:  not being to guard her in pick-up games on the Mabee Center floor 20+ years ago. Her pull-up 15-footer was strong!

Love her to death; but the change was needed.

Hopefully will be win-win result for all parties involved a couple of years from now. 

Couldn't guard Misti? Pfft. You couldn't guard a refrigerator. 

13 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Couldn't guard Misti? Pfft. You couldn't guard a refrigerator. 

Wow O T was pretty good back in the day 🏀

Misti is a wonderful person and a great ambassador for ORU. Unfortunately our women's teams have not been very competitive over the last several years and there seems to be a revolving door for players each year. Hard to build continuity with so much player turnover. I wish her the best.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Misti is a wonderful person and a great ambassador for ORU. Unfortunately our women's teams have not been very competitive over the last several years and there seems to be a revolving door for players each year. Hard to build continuity with so much player turnover. I wish her the best.

Middle of the pack in conference and around .500, just like the men's program over the past few years. 

The only major difference was a 2 week stretch at the end of last year. 

13 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Maybe in 1982.

Can't wait for his response 😂

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

The only major difference was a 2 week stretch at the end of last year. 

The Sweet 16 is an enormous accomplishment. Without that there’s no new building or increase in enrollment.

SDSU or any other Summit team would trade their 1st place finish regular season finish for the tournament run 100 times over.

• Upvote 3