Coaching Carousel- 2022 Edition

vcboy2000

Say it ain't so, Frank....😥

"The negativity that surrounds K-State times is really sad to me," Weber said. "This is the only school I've been associated with that I tell our recruits to avoid our social media. I'm afraid of what they'll see. Hopefully that can change, maybe with the new coach, and everybody can be positive about K-State and K-State athletics."

So I'm guessing he isn't throwing his hat in the ring for the Tulsa job?

• Haha 3

Utah Basketball Assistant Eric Peterson Named Head Coach At South Dakota

Link to story

SALT LAKE CITY – University of Utah men’s basketball assistant Eric Peterson has been named the head coach of South Dakota on Tuesday afternoon.

Eric Peterson will leave Utah after one season on Craig Smith’s staff and return to South Dakota where he was an assistant from 2014-18 under Smith.

It will be Peterson’s second head coaching position after serving as the athletic director and head coach at Williston State College in North Dakota for two seasons from 2012-14. He led the program to a 52-15 record with a 2014 Mon-Dak Conference championship and a 2013 Region XIII championship. In two seasons, Peterson had two NJCAA All-Americans and was the Mon-Dak Coach of the Year.

That’s a nice hire by Omaha. Crutchfield is currently at Oregon… along with Warren Niles, who is a GA there. Wonder if he will take Niles with him?

• Like 1

Warren Niles seemed like one of the coolest guys ever. Just silky smooth.  An under-rated player in my opinion. Great shooter. Call me crazy but his stroke kinda reminded me of Calvin Garrett...Wait, did I just say that?!

Rob 

12 hours ago, ORUTerry said:

That’s a nice hire by Omaha. Crutchfield is currently at Oregon… along with Warren Niles, who is a GA there. Wonder if he will take Niles with him?

I was not aware that Crutchfield was at Oregon. I attended Oregon for a little over two years, and as I've mentioned on here before, was on campus the morning after Oregon knocked the Anthony Roberts-led ORU team out of the NIT in 1977, the game where Roberts scored 65 points. TitanFan started a thread about this game a couple years ago. Anyway, I was not particularly interested in basketball at that point, and was amazed at the buzz around campus the next day about the win.  I never would have guessed at that time I would become such a rock solid fan of the team Oregon beat!

On a totally unrelated note, and this may have been discussed elsewhere - Eric Eli was an assistant coach on the Oregon State women's team for a number of years, but last I heard is is now coaching at Texas Tech.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

I was not aware that Crutchfield was at Oregon. I attended Oregon for a little over two years, and as I've mentioned on here before, was on campus the morning after Oregon knocked the Anthony Roberts-led ORU team out of the NIT in 1977, the game where Roberts scored 65 points. TitanFan started a thread about this game a couple years ago. Anyway, I was not particularly interested in basketball at that point, and was amazed at the buzz around campus the next day about the win.  I never would have guessed at that time I would become such a rock solid fan of the team Oregon beat!

On a totally unrelated note, and this may have been discussed elsewhere - Eric Eli was an assistant coach on the Oregon State women's team for a number of years, but last I heard is is now coaching at Texas Tech.

Eric is a nice guy!🏀😃

• Like 1

Calvin Garrett???....now there's an oldie but goodie!....why is it that we rarely have an ORU grad on the coaching staff??...Niles would be a wonderful choice.....:circle-logoi:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

That's a good hire. Much better than I thought they would do. 

If you’ve ever been to Ruston, LA you can appreciate the desire to relocate to Tulsa. 🧑‍🌾

• Haha 1

What would the NCAA sanctions be for in 3-5 years when everything seems to be legal now in recruiting/transferring?  Does the NCAA enforce anything now?

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, Idig32 said:

TU expected to hire Eric Konkol to replace Haith. 

On 3/21/2022 at 11:24 AM, EagleManiac said:

That's a good hire. Much better than I thought they would do. 

Konkol has recruited WAAAYY above his level at LA Tech

The selection committee’s love of the Big 10 cost Tim Jankovich his job at SMU. He retired citing he failed to meet the program’s goal of making the tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1