Coaching Carousel- 2022 Edition

vcboy2000

Frank Haith upsetting Wichita State Thursday in the AAC tourney, and perhaps making it more difficult to fire him, may be the most Frank Haith thing ever. 

Earlier in the week, he was a classic case of “dead man walking”; in terms of his history of durability, it’s more like “Fear The Walking Dead”. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Frank Haith upsetting Wichita State Thursday in the AAC tourney, and perhaps making it more difficult to fire him, may be the most Frank Haith thing ever. 

Earlier in the week, he was a classic case of “dead man walking”; in terms of his history of durability, it’s more like “Fear The Walking Dead”. 

It would be the absolute best thing in the world if Haith is still at TU next year. Hoping for a TU upset tonight as well. 

• Upvote 2

Hard to believe we are all TU fans for 1 day! Might have to make an appearance at the game today and bring an entourage with me to ensure a TU win and Frank Haith staying at TU!

• Upvote 1

Should we include Bruce Weber in this discussion? I saw that he resigned. Did he do this voluntarily or was he ‘encouraged’?

Also saw that he was forgoing a haircut to protest the amount of cheating going on in D1 basketball. 

5 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Should we include Bruce Weber in this discussion? I saw that he resigned. Did he do this voluntarily or was he ‘encouraged’?

Also saw that he was forgoing a haircut to protest the amount of cheating going on in D1 basketball. 

I saw that, I'm sure he was "encouraged" as coaches never take a stand against cheating until they are advised by the school that their skills would be better utilized elsewhere!

Maybe he can get an endorsement deal with a hair care product because his hair is going to get awfully long!!!

• Haha 1

Haith needs a new 5 year deal....Let's go Golden Hurricane!! Image result for george costanza photos

• Upvote 1

Bruce Weber not cutting his hair, who does he think he is Sampson? 😆

Todd Lee is a surprise at USD, they have been winning 18-19 games most years.

I wonder with Todd Lee if there were other circumstances involved? Seems odd to fire someone that is winning 18-19 games.

Winning 18 or 19 games and finishing middle of the pack in the Summit League evidently doesn't cut it with their administration.

I assume he getting compared to their arch nemesis and in-state rival South Dakota State. It’s interesting because they should be pretty good next year. 

20 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

I wonder with Todd Lee if there were other circumstances involved? Seems odd to fire someone that is winning 18-19 games.

Was reading south dakota's message board and supposedly his firing had to do with things happening off the court....

• Like 2

I just think Lee's firing might be due to the fierce competition that exists between the Dakota schools. Middle of the pack ain't gonna cut it if SDSU and NDSU are consistently title contenders and kicking your tail in the process. Not much else happening in the Dakotas other than college sports, so SD needs to kick it up a notch. Lee seems to be able to coach. Look how his team came together throughout the season, even without one of their star players and he lost Umude (sp?) to the portal. 

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

Frank Haith ‘resigned’ Saturday afternoon….

Bummer

Will Wade fired at LSU after recruiting violations finally caught up with him.  Georgia and Missouri also fired their coaches. With all these jobs open, one would think Eric Henderson would be a prime candidate for some of these.