Transfers

Keenan Henderson

6-7 201?...thats a skinny dude.... Honestly this doesn't sound like much of a game changer to TheEagleman...😕

sounds like Mills is adding some defense......much needed

any points are a bonus if he can play a Yemi Ogunoye type role on the defensive side

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Picking up Patrick from UTA is a step up from the guys who transferred.  He has a lot of experience: 83 games and brings some versality to the Eagles.  Can hit a three (32 percent), rebound and play solid defense.  Can also play the three or four position.  Gives ORU some depth and should be a solid player off the bench, unless the Eagles have some more transfers.  

On a side note, now ORU has his help when they go on the road to face UTA, instead of having to defend him in the non-conference matchup.

Listed as a sophomore, so would have two more years of eligibility left.

9 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

6-7 201?...thats a skinny dude.... Honestly this doesn't sound like much of a game changer to TheEagleman...😕

Unfortunately I agree.

If Francis is gone who is going to guard 5s in the Summit? Lacis was undersized but was really the only guy on the roster who could. Lufile couldn't, Plet and Luka are gone, and Clover never got many minutes. 🤔

Getting even smaller isn't going to help against guys like Nelson at NDSU. The offensive numbers for Mwamba aren't great ( .410 2FG% - .298 3FG% - .676 FT% ). Maybe he will drastically improve before next season but right now I don't see how this addition helps very much.

He shot 38% from 3-point range 2 years ago and 30% from 3-point range last year.  He also averaged 10 points and 4.4 rebounds per game in 27 minutes.  Those seem more like starting stats to me.  

If he could move his 3 point percentage closer to 38% again, then he would fit right into what Coach Mills wants to do, which seems to be having 4 3-point shooting threats on the floor at all times.  

Hopefully he is a strong defender as well.  From his statement, he seems to also be a good fit for ORU as well and sees the value of attending a Christian-oriented university.  I believe that recruiting players who see the value in ORU has helped Coach Mills to keep his core together when many other programs are losing key players to the transfer portal.

Welcome to ORU Patrick!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Patrick is also from the Congo as was former ORU player Moses E. Wonder if there is any connection? Gives the Eagles so more international flair!

Yes we were high on Boone from OSU coming to ORU but Patrick was probably the next best pick. Boone is listed as 6’8 and 200 pounds, so not much difference in size.

Watched some of the UTA game on the ORU Sports Network last night. Patrick looked like a wing guy: can dribble and hit the midrange shot. He looked like a slightly taller Kareem Thompson.

Updated (4/12) conference transfers:

Denver:  5  (Gatlin, Green, Moore, Henn, Johnson)

North Dakota: 5   (Anderson, Bruns, Howard, Igbanugo, McGrath)

NDSU:  6  (Cook, Haman, Harden-Hayes, Eady, Griesel, Guy)

South Dakota:  5  (Chisom, Fuller, Koster, Anderson, Goodrick)   (Perrott-Hunt and Archambault were listed previously but are not on the list now)

South Dakota State:  2  (Friedel, Wingett)

Western Illinois:   6  (Anhold, Burrell, Flores, Sandage, Pearson, Hinton)

St. Thomas:   2  (Nelson, Omersa)

Kansas City:  5  (Allen, Boser, Barnes, Chapman, Kopp)

Omaha:  4  (Evan, Roe, Ferrarini, Lemetti)

At Tuesday (4/12) afternoon, there are 1,295 transfers in the portal

6 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Unfortunately I agree.

If Francis is gone who is going to guard 5s in the Summit? Lacis was undersized but was really the only guy on the roster who could. Lufile couldn't, Plet and Luka are gone, and Clover never got many minutes. 🤔

Getting even smaller isn't going to help against guys like Nelson at NDSU. The offensive numbers for Mwamba aren't great ( .410 2FG% - .298 3FG% - .676 FT% ). Maybe he will drastically improve before next season but right now I don't see how this addition helps very much.

Oh I didn't know plet was gone must have missed that one

16 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's what I was thinking they need some taller more muscular guys 💪

Herron is a good candidate for that role. He just needs to log minutes and gain experience. Hopefully Herron knows what he needs to work on (defense…) and applies himself this off season. 

• Like 2

If I understand the transfer rules, players have until May 1st to enter the transfer portal. Once they are in the portal, there is no time limit for them to make a decision.. at least until school starts in the Fall. I have also read that they can sign with a school, but the signing is 'non-binding' and they can change their minds up to when they enroll in the Fall. I am not sure if that works the other way - meaning, can the school change their mind on a transfer if another player becomes available?

Spring signing period for high school seniors starts Wednesday, April 13 and runs through May 18.

I created a thread about the transfer player, Patrick Mwamba, under the “Recruiting & Current Roster” tab. 

Kansas City picked up two transfers from Summit League teams:

Boogie Anderson (6'3" SG) from South Dakota

Maleeck Harden-Hayes (6'7" Forward) from North Dakota State

Freshman Demari Williams entered the transfer portal Monday after redshirting in his first college season at Arizona State.

Williams, a 6-foot-6 wing who was the No. 184 overall prospect and No. 34 small forward in the 2021 class on the 247Sports Composite, did not play in a game for the Sun Devils and has four remaining seasons of eligibility.

Just over a month after announcing his intentions on August 3 of 2020 to transfer from Fulshear (Texas) High to Glendale (Ariz.) Dream City Christian, Williams committed to the Sun Devils over seven other reported scholarship offers: Baylor, Buffalo, Louisiana, Oral Roberts, Stephen F. Austin and TCU.

After reportedly eclipsing the 1,000-point threshold over a two-year span at Fulshear, Williams was named the District 25-4A MVP and was also selected to the Texas High School Basketball Coaches all-region and all-state teams. His Chargers team posted a 9-3 record in the division and achieved a playoff victory in what was reportedly its second postseason appearance in school history.

According to MaxPreps, Williams averaged 16.1 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals as a sophomore before reportedly bumping those averages up to 21 points, six rebounds and three assists per contest as a junior. He played travel ball for the Houston Hoops on the Nike EYBL circuit.

Dream City Christian went 1-17 in 2020-21 during a pandemic-impacted season.16COMMENTS

Williams, his parents and his brother moved to the Phoenix area a month prior to his commitment to play for the Sun Devils.

“My style of play, I would say it's very smooth,” he said at the time. “At the same time, I can dribble the ball really well. I can break my defender down, pull up for a three, drive to the basket, stand and shoot, shoot through contact. You have to play really aggressive and I have size. I'm 6-foot-6 with a 6-foot-11 wingspan as well, so I think my size can translate to the college level pretty well. I would say I'm a versatile combo guard. [Point guard and shooting guard], for sure those two positions, even [small forward]. I would say I'm a very versatile player and I can guard multiple positions as well.

• Upvote 1